GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ET35 vs. ET45

FlaDubNut

Rice Eater
Car(s)
2007 GTI 2DR
I'm a noob when it come to offsets. Can anyone help me on my wheel purchase? With a 2" drop on 18" Huffs now. Should I get ET35 or ET45 to avoid rubbing? :headbang: thx

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
It depends on the width as well, but only being lowered 2 inches you shouldn't really have much of a problem regardless. ET45 is typically 'the safer bet though.

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
I'm a noob when it come to offsets. Can anyone help me on my wheel purchase? With a 2" drop on 18" Huffs now. Should I get ET35 or ET45 to avoid rubbing? :headbang: thx

The ET45's will help you to avoid rubbing on the fender. The Et35 will push the wheel out farther which is the most likely place to for rubbing to occur.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
I have 18x8 ET35s and I rub on a regular basis, even with less of a drop than you have. Get ET45 and you can always add spacers later to make the offset as aggressive as you'd like.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
It depends on the width as well, but only being lowered 2 inches you shouldn't really have much of a problem regardless. ET45 is typically 'the safer bet though.

With ET35 he WILL get rubbing regardless of slight wheel width changes.
It doesn't really matter if you run 7.5", 8.0" or 8.5". More relevant is tire
width. With 235s you'll get rubbing even with ET45.

No need for spacers at all. On front there's no space, on rear it's much
smarter to realign camber to mild specs, which pushes the wheels out
and at the same time reduces tire wear.

blkmaggtsp74

Ready to race!
^not quite true, depends also in how stiff your suspension are. I run 18x8 et45 with 235/40 with no rub. I used to run et37 with 225/40 and no rub.

razr

+50 hp spark plugs
U want to make a et35 wheel to a et45 wheel?. I'm pretty sure that's not possible.

U can make an et45 wheel to a et35 wheel though by adding a spacer

Et45 is less poke than et35

And et35 is less poke than et25 and so on.

Barretoc

Passed Driver's Ed
U want to make a et35 wheel to a et45 wheel?. I'm pretty sure that's not possible.

U can make an et45 wheel to a et35 wheel though by adding a spacer

Et45 is less poke than et35

And et35 is less poke than et25 and so on.

oh ok so how would you avoid rubbing ?