GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Maestro 7 tuning thread

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Error message, this application cannot be started. I've changed the netfra netframe stuff, downloaded and redownloaded, and still nothing.

What am I missing? Running Windows 8

VEE-DUBBER

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
CW 09 Gti
Reviving this. Anybody have much experience tuning 08.5-09 tsi cars/med17? I spend most of my time on golfmk6 but figured i should start checking it out here too.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

andysamland

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
The majority of what is applicable to your car and ecu will be in the mk6 threads where you have been looking. If you need help with anything specific just let me know and i will do my best. I am actually dealing with a few mk5 tsi's right now

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Is the list of pre-made tunes for a k04 or f23t publically available anywhere? Like a list of tunes and hardware requirements/options?

Popparees

Is the list of pre-made tunes for a k04 or f23t publically available anywhere? Like a list of tunes and hardware requirements/options?

Depends on your ecu code too. There were no k04 or f23 files for my ecu in the library for my tsi mkv. I emailed Eurodyne and they emailed me a k04 base file.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Anyone here have an issue with the hpfp side not allowing you to request more than 120 bar. Mods in sig. I have 155 bar rail valve. Ecu is 115b if that helps. Emailed tapp, said he was gonna get back to me. He hadn't. Thanks guys

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Bump

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I dropped the boost level to reduce engine load until I get a few other things in order. Perhaps this is not the best route, but to me it seemed like I was playing it safe. The base tune supplied seems to be awful and needs a lot of work; I guess that it is why it is called a base tune. My plan is to bring it back up to those boost levels.

Your option A sounds like the plan that I will use as I do like a strong boost curve.

As for the injector correction, it is still the same from the base map. All I have changed are the Power Enrichment and Full Load Lambda tables to richen up the fuelling. The gas here is terrible ("91" Octane is similar to 89).

My current table is as follows:

I have not familiar with this table, but I assume that I reduce the value to mitigate the fuel being taken out. Would you do a blanket map change (minus say 0.1 from the entire map as a start)?

Also, what would cause the injector time to be so high? It seems weird to be reaching a maximum on stock setup.

Thanks for the help! I am obviously new to this.

boost request is a function of requested load.
if you want to understand what you are doing, check nefmoto or other sites with people who are very experienced in all forms of tuning Bosch ecu's. pid tuning is incredibly complex and that's why most people go for a mbt and then they don't have to learn, but then they loose safety features that Bosch put in place for things like overboosting and component protection. (bts)
unless you have bigger injectors you don't have to mess with the inj timing tables. even if you get bigger ones, that's not where you go to make them run correctly.
start with boost. learn how to make it request more or less, and what temp limiters you may want to keep intact or massage a bit here and there.
then go to requested lambda, fsi's like a little more air then normal, so I shoot for .85-.87
then when your inj timing starts to cause an issue, up that hpfp pressure
this is obviously an rough guide, but if you don't go bypassing all the fail-safes, your engine should be fine

chinovegas

Eurodyne Maestro help needed for noob...

I am just getting started trying to understand all the complexities of tuning. I have purchased the Eurodyne Maestro 7 package and have loaded one of their base files into the ECU. While there was a substantial increase in performance, I can definitely feel hesitation and sputtering that shouldn't be happening. I have a feeling I need to go in and fine tune the maps. Is there anyone out there who is willing to spend a little time and educate me on this process?

Please don't bash me for "not researching myself" or send me some links which contain instructions geared towards an advanced tuner I have tried these options along with the Youtube videos by Eurodyne which are pretty much worthless. Thanks in advance guys

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Anyone know if it's it's possible to set readiness with emissions deletes using maestro?