GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge Spacer out, Neuspeed Discharge Pipe in.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
First off id like to thank my buddies Rob and Wolf for letting me use their place and giving me my oil. Also Travis for giving me the Neuspeed Hi-Flow Discharge pipe.

well what can I say when i go under the car to find a big black spot of residue? first i thought it was the downpipe that was lose. wrong.

The forge spacer spit out SOO much oil, ive had this thing on my car for 16,000 miles, but geezus christ i could not believe the mess it made. i took out the forge spacer and said to hell with it. ill be giving it away to a lucky member of the board later on tomorrow. it is adjustable.

number 2, replaced the noise pipe with the Neuspeed Hi-Flow DIscharge pipe that was given to me by Travis. quiets up the interior immensly in regular dirving, also there is so much more throttle response its nuts. i was able to hold boost longer with out any drops in boost. felt more torquey in every shift (6mt).

Changed my oil, Motul 0w-40. good shit.

so in cliff notes: Forge spacer out + Neuspeed Hi-Flow Discharge pipe in = fucking awesome. i feel a hell of a difference, i was literally grinning from ear to ear. car also doesnt sound exaggerated either.

just thought id let you guys know. if you guys have any questions, dont hesitate to ask.

thanks,

alf

Maseroche

Ready to race!
That's one more reason not to get the Spacer for me. Appreciate your impressions on the Discharge Pipe. Might swing one of those and try it out.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
That's one more reason not to get the Spacer for me. Appreciate your impressions on the Discharge Pipe. Might swing one of those and try it out.

it is in fact a great alternative to the A3 delete pipe. i didnt wanna believe travis when he told me his impressions, but he was right.

i cant wait for a catch can to come out for our cars though. that would be great.

initialGTI

Ready to race!
so pretty much you get some more noise and more gunk spit out with the spacer?

leo delarge

I stay high
good to know the dischage pipe has some advantages...i got the spacer in my car(non-adj) and ive been thinking of getting rid of it too.. its a love/hate feeling with it.. ill wait til the summer so i can hear it with the windows down and see hwo i feel.. anyways good stuff, you always have some good info

Jsmitty

5 meters spread, no sound
Good stuff. Hrmm makes me wonder if alot of oil residue is going to be in the intercooler. I know the SRT's had that problem with their pcv spitting that nasty shit into there.

hahnaroo

hahnaroo
I just took myin out today and put in the Neuspeed P-flo. I took out the spacer and it has oil on it but nothing crazy. I only had it on for about 1k miles. Its a neat little mod IMO. You dont need to be worried, it doesnt change the perfromance at all and wont mess anything up. How much is the neuspeed pipe? im really interested in getting it now. Hows the install?

thanks

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
Got any pics of the discharge pipe installed Alf?

GTI44

Brick Shithouse!!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
See ALF I said about 1-2 months ago that the Neuspeed pipe was awesome! The pipe alone, is worth it just for the throttle response. This is my favorite thing to do now; 3rd gear, 2K-5K roll-ons. The boost comes on and doesn't stop, feels like a roller coaster.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
See ALF I said about 1-2 months ago that the Neuspeed pipe was awesome! The pipe alone, is worth it just for the throttle response. This is my favorite thing to do now; 3rd gear, 2K-5K roll-ons. The boost comes on and doesn't stop, feels like a roller coaster.
fuckin word, i shoulda believed you, i had this damn pipe just istting around for about 3 months.

and about the forge spacer... with out it, my car feels less jumpy, more calm, but feels quicker.

i understand there may not be performance changes to you, but from my standpoint, it was night and day.

alf

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
I just took myin out today and put in the Neuspeed P-flo. I took out the spacer and it has oil on it but nothing crazy. I only had it on for about 1k miles. Its a neat little mod IMO. You dont need to be worried, it doesnt change the perfromance at all and wont mess anything up. How much is the neuspeed pipe? im really interested in getting it now. Hows the install?

thanks

So, nothing to worry about? Oil loss etc? :iono:

McRibb

Ready to race!
yo Alf any idea how much these run for?

Thinking about adding it to my spring to do list