GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wastegate question

FlaDubNut

Rice Eater
Car(s)
2007 GTI 2DR
Can someone help me with a wastegate question? I'm a newbie when it comes to this but someone at my dealership just said I should put a wastegate on my stage 2. He said it would eliminate the turbo lag. Is this true? I have no clue if doing just this will do anything. Thanks!!:iono:

Savir04

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07'/CW/6MT/FSI
Sure an upgraded wastegate on a k03 will cause a bigger spike lower in the rpm range...

Nice way to cause premature wear down on the engine...

if your turbo is hitting target boost then there is no reason to modify the wastegate in anyway.

Iirc, Forge motorsports is the only one that makes an upgraded wastegate actuator for our cars...well k03

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
Can someone help me with a wastegate question? I'm a newbie when it comes to this but someone at my dealership just said I should put a wastegate on my stage 2. He said it would eliminate the turbo lag. Is this true? I have no clue if doing just this will do anything. Thanks!!:iono:

If someone is recommending that upgrade on a APR tuned car, just do yourself the favor and never go back there. Your car has been properly calibrated to run with the OEM wastegate.

FlaDubNut

Rice Eater
Car(s)
2007 GTI 2DR
Thanks-he was a new service advisor. No wastegate for me! Savin my $$ for stage 3.

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
Thanks-he was a new service advisor. No wastegate for me! Savin my $$ for stage 3.

Wow a service advisor out of all people?!!? Dude it seems as If that dealer is mod friendly which is cool. Definitely do don't that mod on your car, it's a waste and your car will run like shit!

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Turbo lag with a K03? WTF? Turbo lag with a K03 happens after 5k rpm ;p
What a dumb aSS. I assume he meant diverter valve too? If not, and he literally meant w/g, maybe he meant to say your w/g was gone and now you're not building Any boost...which of course would make it Lag ;p

TSiUG

sleeper...

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Believe it or not some service writers are former technicians.

Yup. Also the amount of service advisors who know their shit and don't know their shit is almost 1:1 so, I can see why some people would say don't trust them. Maybe they've consistently had bad experiences