They cost $11 each.
Cheap alternative to S3, TTRS bushings.
I will install them tomorrow.

Last edited:

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
Sweet, they work great and I think are far better than any poly setup, probably your best alternative short of spherical bearings.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
nice find :thumbsup:

olegg

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GLI
if you don't mind my asking, where did you get them at?
My friend sent it to me from Russia. You might have luck find them on internet.

olegg

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GLI
I replaced front and rear bushings on both control arms.

Front suspension is became stiffer but feels very solid and confident now

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
I busted my walk kit after 3 track events, a huge chunk came off, so now I'm trying out the powerflex bushings which are 80 duro. If these don't hold up I'll probably try these next, cool to know you can get the bushings alone...

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
I busted my walk kit after 3 track events, a huge chunk came off, so now I'm trying out the powerflex bushings which are 80 duro. If these don't hold up I'll probably try these next, cool to know you can get the bushings alone...

Please post how the PowerFlex units hold up, they look well made. Usually if these things are going to fail its on the fronts from hard braking/acceleration.

The warning shot on the walk kit came a couple years ago when a dude with an R32 posted what his walk looked like after some track work - the inner bearing disintegrated. The Powerflex inner bearing for the front rear bushing is similar.

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
The Powerflex bushings are straight up replacements for the factory bushings, they add no alignment changes.

telaio

Ready to race!
Front suspension is became stiffer but feels very solid and confident now
Was this a large change? I have some difficulty wrapping my head around what a stiffer bushing there will do exactly, but turn-in and rapid changes in direction should be tighter now I guess.

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
Was this a large change? I have some difficulty wrapping my head around what a stiffer bushing there will do exactly, but turn-in and rapid changes in direction should be tighter now I guess.

yes

using a stiffer upper strut mount also makes huge difference. All come at cost of increasing NVH as you replace stock rubber with stiffer rubber, poly or bearings.

olegg

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GLI