GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

autotech intake vs Neuspeed intake

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
Unitronic works and is better than APR, but you dont see me calling everyone an idiot for not running the brands you rep so hard. I really hope APR pays you, cuz they should.

Huh?

I don't care if you use Unitronic, I picked a random tuner just to make a point. I don't understand how APR got brought into this either.

I responded to the thread because somebody made a list of incorrect statements.

shinta

Banned
Might be but...its an intake so I'm not too concerned my "opinion" might not be fact. Screw him out of a couple HP and bad to worse noises no harm done. As far as the nuespeed fouling MAFs and readings I am confident no such incidents occur on my car. Others results may vary...I guess

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk 2

sorry bro, it's not like wether you believe in Jesus Christ or Budah, it's a scientific FACT that Neuspeed intake and many other messes withe the MAF reading.
it's your business if you want your car to run at less optimum condition, which could possibly shorten the engine's life, but please don't make it sound like it's not a big deal and mislead other members.
it is just an intake, but the diameter of the MAF housing is very critical to how the engine runs.

shinta

Banned
Huh?

I don't care if you use Unitronic, I picked a random tuner just to make a point. I don't understand how APR got brought into this either.

I responded to the thread because somebody made a list of incorrect statements.

LOLZ. seriously, how is having just a tune and the BEST HPFP available being a FANBOI? ::dnftt:

Car(s)
2008 GTI
Why do i hate people from new jersey?

I feel like 80% of your life is spent trying the change the impression people have of New Jersey residents and the other 20% is spent shaking your head as 80% of your life unravels in front of you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

U.G.MKV

Stealth mode
Car(s)
2007 mkv
Listen i don't think you guys are understanding what i'm trying to say. I want an intake that's loud but doesn't deliver the dry heave sound. (the sound at the end of the spool, which sounds like im try to throw up after a long night of drinking). I also want to save money; don't want to waste $300 on something that makes noise.

P-Flo - no - dry heaves!!
BHS - no - reminds me of Darth Vader...
any other suggestions??
Bsh is a good intake. I've had the vf and eurojet and the bsh. For the price the bsh is your best bet. I don't know why you think that all these filter on a stick intakes sound different because they don't. Until you get into the intakes with canisters they're pretty much all the same. the you have the carbonio and the awe ccb intake. Like evey one has said you get what you pay for.

Car(s)
2008 GTI

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
I feel like 80% of your life is spent trying the change the impression people have of New Jersey residents and the other 20% is spent shaking your head as 80% of your life unravels in front of you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Basically, the impression wont change though, nothing we as a state can do

Crispy as ambassador or New Jersey this guy needs a talking to. Lol.

Lol :thumbsup:

07GTI-2.0T

Go Kart Champion
1) Carbonio runs great, majority of the gains are in the snorkel and filter. Its been tested independently. The dead on accurate fuel trims allow precise lambda to the tune hard request and I've never received better timing with any other intake. Its better than the P-Flo, BSH, (insert filter on a stick), just not in public perception.

2) As soon as you're tuned the intake upgrade is your best bang for buck assuming you get the right one. It didn't register for you on the butt dyno because you own a P-Flo and because it sucks in hot air making the EMS interpret less actual air, assuming it runs right at all due to its tendency for terrible fuel trims. You'd probably make more power and have a smoother car if you had the stock intake with a drop in filter.

3) Intakes are more than noise makers, what if I told you I've seen 11whp on the stock BW K03 just by swapping 2 different aftermarket intakes? Still a waste of money, but whatever is cheaper because "an intake, is an intake"?

EVERY intake design on the planet has dyno testing showing 10-15whp over stock on stock vehicles (including filter on sticks k&n, forge, bsh ect all threw up dyno charts) and have so for 5 years. I never said it wasn't there but it does not register on the butt o meter. A DP by contrast is a night and day FEEL of power, registering on the butt and dyno. You aren't the only one with a VCDS :iono: , zero issues. I'll take a DP all day over an intake after a tune. I've had 7 different cars with intakes good and bad on every one, they are ALWAYS a disappointment on the ass-o-meter and great for the ears. Almost all have been successful on a dyno

07GTI-2.0T

Go Kart Champion
sorry bro, it's not like wether you believe in Jesus Christ or Budah, it's a scientific FACT that Neuspeed intake and many other messes withe the MAF reading.
it's your business if you want your car to run at less optimum condition, which could possibly shorten the engine's life, but please don't make it sound like it's not a big deal and mislead other members.
it is just an intake, but the diameter of the MAF housing is very critical to how the engine runs.

First off the diameter of the neuspeed and almost every intake on the planet for our car has a STOCK DIAMETER MAF housing ( that's why the pipes are the diameter they are: 2.75") so that wouldn't be the issue (MAF housing placement/turbulence/flow characteristics over it are the suspected issues). Please I have 112k miles and have had my car since late 06', the nuespeed since 20k miles, tuned before that and have been logging for 5 years. It may (or may not) be "messing" with MAF readings but it's not causing abnormal timing pull, high air intake temps or any drivability issues. What you think I'm going to buy a new intake to verify a problem my logging or ass hasn't shown because several people (mostly k04) reported THEY have issues or might gain timing advance to the tune of 2-5 hp at the cost of $200+, I don't think so! You know how many filter on a sticks are sold, how many people log and how many people actually see justification to switch intakes? There are ALOT of folks that say the carbonio does next to nothing since you merely listen to what a group of 3 or more says. You know I did have a tune and stock air box for many miles before the intake. Not a single person yet including the vw factory trained techs at Euro Pros who aren't impressed with how it runs with over 110k miles. If I had to do it over I'd skip it but I have no reason to mess with it now that its there.

Last edited:

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
EVERY intake design on the planet has dyno testing showing 10-15whp over stock on stock vehicles (including filter on sticks k&n, forge, bsh ect all threw up dyno charts) and have so for 5 years. I never said it wasn't there but it does not register on the butt o meter. A DP by contrast is a night and day FEEL of power, registering on the butt and dyno. You aren't the only one with a VCDS :iono: , zero issues. I'll take a DP all day over an intake after a tune. I've had 7 different cars with intakes good and bad on every one, they are ALWAYS a disappointment on the ass-o-meter and great for the ears. Almost all have been successful on a dyno

What's your long term fuel trim?

I felt the difference from Wintake ---> Twintake and from stock ---> Wintake. I'm going to have dyno results soon, I'll wait til then to argue my point that intakes are a great but assuming they are of a good construction.

What if from stock to Wintake I gain 8-10whp? What if from Wintake to Twintake I gain another 5-8whp?

Do the math for the Twintake costing $424 shipped, say I get 15whp that'll net me $28 for 1whp. That cost/hp ratio is as good as anything second behind a tune.

I'm not out to get the P-Flo, I've tested it. I think when people talk about poor gains and it strictly being a noisemaker its due to their car not agreeing with it, thus driveability is down and power hasn't gone anywhere. You also have to keep in mind every car runs differently with intakes, it all has to do with where your equilibrium fuel trim is. A certain car could have a leaky injector or a poor MAF sensor so a filter on a stick gives him a +18% fuel trim while you don't have that problem so you're fuel trim is <10%. Although the P-Flo is one of the major contributors to poor fuel trims.

07GTI-2.0T

Go Kart Champion
What's your long term fuel trim?

I felt the difference from Wintake ---> Twintake and from stock ---> Wintake. I'm going to have dyno results soon, I'll wait til then to argue my point that intakes are a great but assuming they are of a good construction.

What if from stock to Wintake I gain 8-10whp? What if from Wintake to Twintake I gain another 5-8whp?

Do the math for the Twintake costing $424 shipped, say I get 15whp that'll net me $28 for 1whp. That cost/hp ratio is as good as anything second behind a tune.

I'm not out to get the P-Flo, I've tested it. I think when people talk about poor gains and it strictly being a noisemaker its due to their car not agreeing with it, thus driveability is down and power hasn't gone anywhere. You also have to keep in mind every car runs differently with intakes, it all has to do with where your equilibrium fuel trim is. A certain car could have a leaky injector or a poor MAF sensor so a filter on a stick gives him a +18% fuel trim while you don't have that problem so you're fuel trim is <10%. Although the P-Flo is one of the major contributors to poor fuel trims.

I don't log fuel trim! (ANYTHING: boost leak, less than optimal injectors, o2 sensor ect can affect fuel trim % and my car is old). If air mass is high, timing isn't being pulled and air/fuel is what its tuned to be why should I be concerned about long term fuel correction? If there are intakes that pull more air and/or allow more timing advance great. Working better and broke aren't the same.
I never made a dollar per hp argument, you keep saying that when I say ass-o-meter( perception of feeling its doing something). They are not the same. APR HPFP + GOLF R intercooler ( both done at the same time along with fuel pump flash) didn't register that high on my fun factor either. The quicker boost response along with power boost of the catless DP was instantly more gratifying. May be lots of parts or combinations that make similar hp, tune followed by DP are by far most satisfying to drive. Matter of fact I'll go as far as saying once you've done that only a turbo upgrade ( maybe water/meth don't know) is satisfying. Might as well do suspension after tune and DP...does not mean you can't get more hp...but u still have just another stage 2/2+ and still going to want more after 30 minutes of name your bolt on.

dleej30

Ready to race!
Well I have been running a 3in intake with stock maf that i pieced together for a total of $120. I dont get a woosh sound but then again im tone deaf from my 1 yr trip in Iraq in 2003, so there might just b a woosh sound i cant hear and one that you seem to seek. I have Uni stg2 and was told by a Uni rep that i should increase my maf housing size because there Stg2 tune was mapped for a 3in intake. Unless they were just blowing smoke up my a$$ then I dont get my full power potential. So if your tuned depending on what ever Company you use, or plan to be tuned follow that particular companys recommended intake brand or suggested size. Not sure about the FSI, but i did try out my buds nuespeed intake on my tsi and I felt and heard what my bum tells me was more power. But then again the maf is further away from the turbo on the tsi compared to the FSI, so that my make the difference. If you dont want to pay the BSH price that was recommened earlier might i sugges the CTS intake? I havent heard a thing bad about them, other than they supposedly copied BSH.