GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

autotech intake vs Neuspeed intake

604GTI

#yoloSWAG
I've been running the Evoms V-flow and it makes some noise but doesnt seem as loud as the p flo.

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
OP, I can see by your 2 threads you've created so far that an MKV is not for you.. I suggest you own a different car bro.

shinta

Banned
Listen i don't think you guys are understanding what i'm trying to say. I want an intake that's loud but doesn't deliver the dry heave sound. (the sound at the end of the spool, which sounds like im try to throw up after a long night of drinking). I also want to save money; don't want to waste $300 on something that makes noise.

P-Flo - no - dry heaves!!
BHS - no - reminds me of Darth Vader...
any other suggestions??

you are shit out of luck sir, cause intake just sounds like shit on a MKV, just different magnitute.

07GTI-2.0T

Go Kart Champion
You are SO far off, I could create a spreadsheet correcting this.

Might be but...its an intake so I'm not too concerned my "opinion" might not be fact. Screw him out of a couple HP and bad to worse noises no harm done. As far as the nuespeed fouling MAFs and readings I am confident no such incidents occur on my car. Others results may vary...I guess

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk 2

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
Might be but...its an intake so I'm not too concerned my "opinion" might not be fact. Screw him out of a couple HP and bad to worse noises no harm done. As far as the nuespeed fouling MAFs and readings I am confident no such incidents occur on my car. Others results may vary...I guess

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk 2

1) Carbonio runs great, majority of the gains are in the snorkel and filter. Its been tested independently. The dead on accurate fuel trims allow precise lambda to the tune hard request and I've never received better timing with any other intake. Its better than the P-Flo, BSH, (insert filter on a stick), just not in public perception.

2) As soon as you're tuned the intake upgrade is your best bang for buck assuming you get the right one. It didn't register for you on the butt dyno because you own a P-Flo and because it sucks in hot air making the EMS interpret less actual air, assuming it runs right at all due to its tendency for terrible fuel trims. You'd probably make more power and have a smoother car if you had the stock intake with a drop in filter.

3) Intakes are more than noise makers, what if I told you I've seen 11whp on the stock BW K03 just by swapping 2 different aftermarket intakes? Still a waste of money, but whatever is cheaper because "an intake, is an intake"?

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
I'm so confused that I can't even troll this thread.

Oops, I just hate GolfMKV rhetoric. I can't even begin to tell you how much misinformation is on GolfMKV. I'll give 2 prime examples..

1) The things I listed above "an intake is, an intake". "A filter on a stock is the way to go". My favorite is "intakes don't make power anyway, but the Catbonio doesn't work because the OEM airbox is restrictive"... People who follow that line of thought completely contradict themselves and are wrong on both accounts :lol:

Here's another good one...

2) "Go with whatever tuner is closest", I can think of many reasons to choose a tuner but whether or not a dealer is 20 miles closer doesn't factor in. If the CEO of Unitronic was my next door neighbor I still wouldn't run their tune. What about the methods the tuners use to make their power? Data logs of others with the tune your looking at? How does this not matter?

It takes 1 influential idiot to lead 100 other mindless idiots and then after enough of the same incorrect info is passed on from the original influential idiot it becomes Internet fact.

Last edited:

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Lol fanbois

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
Now I understand. I must have missed all the APR and FORGE stuff in your signature.

Which company's nuts should I swing from first, or does my nut-swinging mod order matter?

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
Lol fanbois

Of 3-4 different tuners? Is that possible... ?

Who am I an official fanboy of because I push Milltek exhausts, APR tunes and hardware, Forge's entire line of products and BFI mounts? Would it help if I told you I've ran both the Neuspeed and Carbonio intake? Did you think I had bad things to say about Neuspeed because its not APR or Forge? I actually tested it.

Noticing a pattern? I push opinions on stuff I own and I know works. Are you just realizing you fit into the mindless idiot mold?

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Unitronic works and is better than APR, but you dont see me calling everyone an idiot for not running the brands you rep so hard. I really hope APR pays you, cuz they should.