GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

autotech intake vs Neuspeed intake

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
other than VWR, the only intakes that "might" work well with our stock MAF sensor are aFe, Volant, and Injen.

The reason I listed them is because they are the only 3 that has a smaller diameter for the MAF housing section, where the rest of the intake on the market has 2.5 or 2.75 piping through out the whole intake.

or you can buy a P-flo, and do this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCWaaJLpW4g

I chopped up my P-Flo and did that. Better results don't get me wrong but looks very ghetto. I took it off the moment I got my Twintake. :wink:

MkVme

Ready to race!
find a used carbonio, will be your best bet imo. I had the carbonio and the pflo, i regretted ever buying the p flo with its gross noises and bad performance. IMO stock felt better then the Pflo, the only thing I enjoyed about the Pflo was the PSHH sound from letting off the gas.

So you said you "regretted ever buying the p flo with its gross noises and bad performance"..... But at end of your statement you said "the only thing i enjoyed about the Pflo was the PSHH sound from letting off the gas."

So did u like it or not?

Are you that dumb? You forgot to hit the "quote" button too. I enjoyed 1 aspect of it, as stated.

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
so how does the Twintake feel? does it feel as good as the chopped up P-Flo?

Much smoother power delivery, and top end greatly improved. We all know this tiny turbo runs out of breath up top, but I feel the difference up top without a doubt.

shinta

Banned
Wow a lot of hate going on hahahahah. I'm looking for a good intake that doesn't give you the dry heaving sound.

The only benefit I see with an intake is the easy of maintnance (lack of engine cover), and trying to squeeze out every last bit of power (assuming MAF housing is in correct size), otherwise, you are better off getting a catted downpipe for good balance of sound and performance.

when I had my Eurosport intake, almost everyone thought the car was broken, that's a pretty good (bad?) sign that it sounds like shit.

RevoGLI

i <3 canada land
Car(s)
2006 GLI
debating on intakes and power gains is like arguing which running socks help you run faster.

those videos are pointless. intakes only make the desired noise under load, such as pulling out of a drive-way or letting off the gas down the street.

look, i have a p flo and its loud as fuck. i don't mind. i like it because it cleaned up my engine bay (fsi = no engine cover), plus it was the first thing i did when i bought the car. silly me didn't know any better at the time. point is, yes it makes your engine bay cleaner and it draws unwanted attention. it does not make mad-tight jdm power yo. don't ever fall for that advert ploy.

xatnys360

Ready to race!
My girlfriend has the P-Flo; I have BSH. We both prefer the sound of the BSH, and I think you get a little more for you money with the "TrueSeal" intake tray that BSH gives you. They all do the same thing and your car will run fine, but I maintain that BSH is the best option because of the cost:quality ratio.

anthonyLJ

Banned
Listen i don't think you guys are understanding what i'm trying to say. I want an intake that's loud but doesn't deliver the dry heave sound. (the sound at the end of the spool, which sounds like im try to throw up after a long night of drinking). I also want to save money; don't want to waste $300 on something that makes noise.

P-Flo - no - dry heaves!!
BHS - no - reminds me of Darth Vader...
any other suggestions??

Last edited:

Slothy

Distrusts the trustworthy
Car(s)
2008 GTI
You should just remove your turbo.

More seriously, I think if you want the sound, and don't want the 'heave' as you call it, you probably would be better off with buying a new exhaust than an intake.

anthonyLJ

Banned
You should just remove your turbo.

More seriously, I think if you want the sound, and don't want the 'heave' as you call it, you probably would be better off with buying a new exhaust than an intake.

hmmm think is good i like your thinking sir.