GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Battling Cylinder 4 misfire

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I have 76k miles on a 2006.5 GTI manual. I had the coil packs replaced around 50K under the tsb. The fuel filter was replaced around 60K and the cam follower around the same time. I just replaced the spark plugs and have swapped the coil packs between all of the cylinders but hasn't fixed the issue. When I scan with the vag com it is always Cylinder 4 misfire when the check engine light comes on solid. I just put in a can of BG 44K in my gas as a fuel cleaner to try and clean the injectors. The car idles rough but doesn't stumble at all when driving. My next step is paying for someone to clean the fuel system but the quotes are more than just buying a new injector. I need help guys cause this car is driving me nuts. Not sure where to go from here.

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
If you've done all the obvious. I would say, pop the manifold off and clean your valves. If that doesn't fix it, you're probably looking at a new injector. Sucks to do the job 2x but at least you will know one or the other, I'd rather do it twice than blow money on an unnecessary injector.

Dilmorecg

Ready to race!
This sounds like the same symptoms I had before I had my valves cleaned. Now it runs great and no misfires or rough idle.

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
God damnit I need to order a triple square driver set and fucking clean my valves... every time I see a thread I'm disgustingly reminded the fact that I need to do that as I just hit 65k the other day and :iono: if the PO had ever cleaned them. I doubt it..

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
I would clean the valves and install new injectors, stock FSI injectors are dirt cheap.

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I'm kinda debating s3's and a custom .dotuning tune for my lil k03 lol. I can get a full set of s3's BNIB for dirty cheap

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
Moose hook a brotha up! I want S3's for cheap, probably make me go K04 even quicker.

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Moose hook a brotha up! I want S3's for cheap, probably make me go K04 even quicker.

You know i've thought about it. The thing is they are not true audi OEM, but OEM replacement. The part number I gave my buddy to look up was straight from audi. so I don't really see a difference.. perhaps im mistaken?

Granted they aren't an actual audi made part, but I can look into them more.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I assume you checked to see if your PCV is bad? I didn't see where you said you did. That's probably the number one cause.

And installing S3 injectors on a non-modified car will only make it run worse.

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
You know i've thought about it. The thing is they are not true audi OEM, but OEM replacement. The part number I gave my buddy to look up was straight from audi. so I don't really see a difference.. perhaps im mistaken?

Granted they aren't an actual audi made part, but I can look into them more.

Lemme know, PM if anything.. :thumbsup:

defense05

Ready to race!
Shit, let me know about the "S3" injectors too! $600 is insane when the RS4s are $200 cheaper.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
The PCV was fixed by the TSB a while back. I do have it partially bypassed and am planning to do the catch can mod soon. I did seafoam the motor yesterday night and will see what comes of that. I need to clean my valves for sure but trying to find the time to do so is not so simple. the car runs real good when driving, it just idles like crap and will only trigger the check engine when first started in the morning.

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
The PCV was fixed by the TSB a while back. I do have it partially bypassed and am planning to do the catch can mod soon. I did seafoam the motor yesterday night and will see what comes of that. I need to clean my valves for sure but trying to find the time to do so is not so simple. the car runs real good when driving, it just idles like crap and will only trigger the check engine when first started in the morning.

Check your oil levels, excessive oil levels will cause cold start issues. Regarding your valves, go perform a good cleaning and i'm pretty sure your issues will improve.