GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY - Forge Atmosheric Blow Off Valve Install

2.0Tgti

Ready to race!
Well the install is done. It was a piece of cake for the most part. The top bolt is very hard to get to. I dont have a lift so getting under the car was a pain in the ass as well. Also here is a tip for the guys at forge if they ever update the directions. They make allen/torx stockets for a reason. Doing this install allen wrenches is a good way to piss yourself off again and again. you need to use a socket wrench or socketing screw driver with an allen or torx bit for an easier install. and the sound? It sounds great. No CEL like the old 1.8T days. The sound is literally a loud HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. sounds really good. seems like a nice solid piece as well. fitment was great.

Thumbs up for Forge on another quality product;)

Volks

D'crew
Car(s)
Golf Gti
Thanks

To:2.0Tgti

Thanks for you fully explanations.
I can't wait to get one. Probably if anything unsure I post you someday.

Rgds;

sk8chip98

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
put mine in the other day..... had a hell of a hard time disconecting the wires. so much so i just worked around them :) i like the way the spacer is simple and fits right in there good job forge. i cant wait to get my hands on your FMIC

Geesevs

Interior > Horsepower
Car(s)
07 GTI
sense this is getting a big bump from a long time ago.... I have the spacer installed on my car. I like the sound, sounds like a big-rig but the hss is longer. air bus style

Get-a Trek

Ready to race!
Car(s)
1997 Jetta Trek
How does the Forge BOV work with higher than OEM boost? Just flashed mine and know the B DV will be trashed in no time. And heard rumors the C DV isn't much better.

brokendreams

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 BM GTI
Alright. Small (or major) problem.

I have a 2007 GTI. I also seem to have a fourth damned bolt on TOP of the recirc valve. Anybody else experience this? The damned thing won't come off, and the damned fourth bolt is impossible to get off. No moving room at ALL (there is a long metal hose or pipe running just above it. Any work arounds?

rickyC

Go Team Venture!
Car(s)
06 GTI Reflex Silver
Take a pic and post it.

I did mine and there are similar looking bolts in the area, perhaps you are attempting to undo one that does not need to be undone?

Should only be 3. One is difficult to get to cuz you kind of have to reach around to the back of the valve and cannot see it very well. At least this was my experience doing the work under the car with my feet sticking out the front of the car while the car was on ramps.

brokendreams

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 BM GTI
I did the bottom three bolts. I saw all those. I can feel the pivot point where the other bolt is connected. I just can't see it, and there is NO way to get ANY tool in there easily. There is a bracket that hold together two pipes right above the bolt. You can Believe me, it's impossible. I tried for an hour.

No biggie. I'm selling the Spacer, if anyone wants it.

Picture to explain.

Last edited:

brokendreams

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 BM GTI
I got it installed... Not that big of a deal once you get in there (and have had some sleep) although, I do advise you to get a 5mm allen wrench and allen socket. You'll need the wrench for everything but the top bolt, and the top bolt will require the socket...

Also, your hands will cramp like a son of a bitch. It's a pretty tight squeeze.

Neon Guy

Tin Can Racer
Car(s)
1998 SPEC Neon
I noticed that the other day too, does anyone have any more insight on this? I was thinking of picking one up @ Waterfest.

"This spacer fits the remote mounted solenoid valves, as found on the 2007 year models, Audi S3, 30th Edition Golf and Leon Cupra , with the 2.0 litre FSIT engines."

If you have a UDM 2007 GTI you have a turbo mounted diverter valve.