GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front wipers not working

razr

+50 hp spark plugs
Hey everyone. So I have a 2009 gti and recently I installed an amp and a sub. The only things I touched were the door speakers/battery/and rear cig lighter. And now my front wipers don't work. The spray does work though. I do not know if my rear wiper works because I did the rear wiper delete. I believe all the fuses are good and the hood is properly closed. I had no issues with my wipers before and was unable to find an answer online. Suggestions anyone? Btw I am not good with electronics in cars, just simple things. Thanks.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
My guess is you blew a fuse or a control module. The telling thing is you admit you're not good with electronics yet you messed with one of the most complex, sophisticated and unforgiving CAN-BUS systems in the world. Did you consult with someone before you started splicing in wires?

razr

+50 hp spark plugs
Well I just installed an amp. I didn't think I would be messing with anything else in doing this.

And also the only wires I cut involved only the speakers and the rear cig lighter. That is all.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
You might want to try to repost in the radio section, and also try the Vortex. I know the radio and speakers are one of the systems monitored by the ECU, and you know how much of a PITA our electrical systems are. Drawing too much or too little current can cause all kinds of issues.

Did you try putting everything back the way it was?

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
So today i was working on my car and i turn it on and i flick the windshield stalk and it doesnt work. I start to freak out thinking my electrical systems fked. I go inside look up some threads and dont get to much info. I go back outside and push my hood closed. Turned car on and wipers came up :thumbsup: never new the hood open makes the wipers not work lol :smoking:

smallsmatilda

Banned