GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bay Area Discussion thread -- Part 3

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
blaine, i'm sure you've seen this video but i thought i'd share it here. http://youtu.be/r_IWa_qlt3g

I have seen that video. It's incorrect, they use taller wheels/tires for the widest tire and that's why it nets a slower lap time... the car only has 200HP and 151TQ, increasing the gearing with that tall of a tire kills the car...

The 245/40s I'm gonna run are literally the same height as the stock 215/45, just like 2 inches WIDER!!!

Onomarn

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW R32 4779
Daym Blaine! What pads did you order, I'm about to put an order in for Hawks HP+. I have my wheels coming but not as wide as yours. I'm going 225.

Why does everyone think when I'm driving down the road that I wanna race them in this stupid thing. I drive super slow too non aggressive.

BlueWabbit

back being low.
Car(s)
2008 VW Rabbit
Random but does anyone have the interior to a GTI. I've been playing with the idea of changing mine out for quite sometime but just random thought. Also another random one does anyone know know where a good place to lookg for knives? I might be looking at some benchmades or a way to treat them since my knife looks like it's getting dull / dirty.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Daym Blaine! What pads did you order, I'm about to put an order in for Hawks HP+. I have my wheels coming but not as wide as yours. I'm going 225.

Why does everyone think when I'm driving down the road that I wanna race them in this stupid thing. I drive super slow too non aggressive.

You should get wider than 225, I might push it out to 255 with my next set. What width wheels are you getting?

I haven't done anything with the brakes yet but I'll prob do HP+ front and HPS rear. Not interested in changing pads for track.

BlueWabbit

back being low.
Car(s)
2008 VW Rabbit
Lol the car is already bought and there's no payments left on it. I think being free of payments feels better than a new car payment.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Lol the car is already bought and there's no payments left on it. I think being free of payments feels better than a new car payment.

Do you have any cash? I bet you could sell it and pay cash for a GTI.

It was nice after I paid my GTI off, but selling also netted me a HUGE down payment on the FRS.

BlueWabbit

back being low.
Car(s)
2008 VW Rabbit
Broke college student, nope no cash. You seem pretty set on getting a GTI even if I would want to trade and me shooting high for even the thought of a GTI including insurance on it I might as well aim for the Golf R. Just saying. Again I'm content with my rabbit just shooting in the dark to see if anyone had interior. I remember Morparsha (James) was selling his plaid one but that was ages ago.

BlueWabbit

back being low.
Car(s)
2008 VW Rabbit
Where are you finding 8k GTI's? I'm saying if I want to get a newer car then I'd shoot for something that I actually want or something different than my current car with a different front bumper and engine.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I sold my GTI for $8.5K

In a two years or so when I can pay ca$h I'm gonna get another MKV GTI, but not orange and 4-dr this time! I really wanted to keep my GTI but I wanted that money (plus other cash) for my FAT down payment on the FR-S. I paid for almost exactly half of the car.

supertanch

Ready to race!
Friday's Thunderhill event with NCRC.
Havent been to TH for 5 yrs and this is the first time running there with my GTI.

Last session of the day, it was hella hot (like 97F).. my brake pads were tossed after this..

Car is understeering a LOT, need to get the setup right next time..