GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where to buy a long block??

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Hey guys, I've been digging through here and on google, and im not finding any solid results..

I was wondering if anyone here knows a place that's reputable and not bat shit crazy with there prices to get a long block from, bpy 2.0t fsi that is... any suggestions? I want to price out a future project for shits and giggles. Thanks!

:thumbsup:

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
hahah i was looking for more of a junkyard salvage place that is more euro specific. I dont give a shit if it's blown up, has 240924098 miles or whatever, it'll just be stripped apart and fully rebuilt.

Google sometimes gets the best of me lol

Car(s)
Subaru
hahah i was looking for more of a junkyard salvage place that is more euro specific. I dont give a shit if it's blown up, has 240924098 miles or whatever, it'll just be stripped apart and fully rebuilt.

Google sometimes gets the best of me lol

yeah, i was just trolling. i dont know what youre looking for. you might be able to go to a euro shop and ask them to sell you a blown or old engine they change for a customer. that might be your best bet imo

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
that's kinda what im thinking, i dont want to pay 3k for a motor that's going to sit on a stand for months lol.. I'll have to ask when im up in portland next time. There isn't shit near me.

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
sweet thanks! I'll write them down, im on the west coast so i'd imagine at 9pm their time they are closed lol

TSiUG

sleeper...
what are your plans for said engine? Keeping her in a MKV and building her from the ground up or some sort of crazy engine transplant?? I am hoping the latter.

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
what are your plans for said engine? Keeping her in a MKV and building her from the ground up or some sort of crazy engine transplant?? I am hoping the latter.

Well, my MKV is going to be getting bags soon, so performance is not high on my list, especially since i just found out the car is APR stage 2+, it'll just get an intake and w/m injection for performance and be done.

It'll be going into a mk2 GTI once funds allow for it. :thumbsup:

I've seen BPYs on eBay motors too. Prices vary wildly, but you can find one stripped of most of the external business like manifolds and such pretty cheap.
That would be perfect, i just want the basics + wiring harness.

TSiUG

sleeper...

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
110% boner
:cool::cool:
i was thinking of doing the same thing once im dont with college. i hope yours turns out well. mk2 is the best looking rabbit imo

good luck

Agreed, my buddy has a helios blue gti with a vr6 swap. It's amazing. I just can't find a shell locally or one thats kinda beat up... everyone thinks it's worth gold or something. I can do 99.9% of all the work myself so labor isn't a factor in it. It'll be a project me and my wife can tinker with one of these days

Car(s)
Subaru
yep, i looked on craigslist one day for an old gti and out of all of ohio, kentucky, and indiana, i only found 1 decent one. guy wants 1k dollars, so its tempting, but i need to sell my truck first

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
everyone around here is asking 2800-3200 it seems.. fuck that im not paying that much for a car im going to rip down to a shell lol... i want to find someones broke down gti that's been sitting in there driveway for the last 10 years lol.