H&R ss springs
Powerflex street LCA front and rear bushings
Passat arms
ball joints
adjustable endlinks( I made them)
stock sway bar with powerflex bushings
new axles
Poly motor, trans, and dogbone mounts.

I want Porsche brakes to be next, I can make the brackets at work.

But really the rear is next, I need to do the rear bushings.

But YA. Money well spent.

Last edited:

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Haha nice. I'm wanting to do 17z calipers down the road, but for now I'll make due with Carbotech XP8's up front on stock rotors, the SS lines and high temp fluid, Hawk HPS in the back and Tyrolsport caliper bushings. I have to get the front stuff in the near future. Had to take a BFH to the rotor to free it of the hub and messed it up. It's fine for normal driving but not autox and my "normal" driving haha.

If you can swing a diff, do it. Literally transforms the car.

Flywheel Photography

Ready to race!
I have very dirty plans for this car as soon as I get a second for a daily. I want it to be a rolling advertisement for my fabrication shop. cage, tube subframe, tube suspension, scratch built mufflers, titanium header, sheet metal work. Even possibly a big engine swap and rear wheel drive?

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Yeah, I had to call for advice and re-adjust once, but after that it's been GOLD.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Officially started on replacement motor project. Spare motor stripped and ready to go to machine shop for boring and head work. This one will be forged and ready for big turbo.

Going 83mm pistons and larger intake valves. This will be EFR 7163 turbo. Looking for 500+ whp on 91 pump gas plus water meth.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Refurbishing a set of .:R rear brakes, just got the seals in and tracking for the new pistons says they should be here tomorrow. Gotta blast the old blue powdercoat off the calipers and rebuild them.

I want to get a AP racing 330mm 6 piston kit on the front but am thinking of either .:R brakes up there too or a diy 17z kit.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Refurbishing a set of .:R rear brakes, just got the seals in and tracking for the new pistons says they should be here tomorrow. Gotta blast the old blue powdercoat off the calipers and rebuild them.

I want to get a AP racing 330mm 6 piston kit on the front but am thinking of either .:R brakes up there too or a diy 17z kit.

Having run the 17z kit and then going with the R brakes I can say I much prefer the R brakes. Unless you are willing to upgrade to the TTRS master cylinder the displacement of the 17z brakes is just too much. Very soft pedal, till you get to the bottom of the stroke then they REALLY stop. The R brakes have great modulation and feel overall. Plus they work with any spindles (TTRS, Passat, GTI).

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I am really leaning towards a 330mm AP racing kit as they will work with 17" wheels

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Kinda wide, the AP kit has narrow calipers that would probably work with my stock 17" wheels

EDIT: Pretty sure I am going with the .:R front brakes as well. I can get the AP 5570 4 pot front BBK for similar money and its "bling" factor is really tempting. Also the .:R brakes are wicked heavy.

Last edited: