GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another GT30 Build Thread...Yawn

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
Not sure if you realize that the snow stage3 w/m kit won't read the injector pulses on your car. It'll have to run in boost only mode like a stage2 kit, but with the interior mounted control panel

fastgti69

M3 Eater
Sick ass build dude! Building the motor for nice 8k revs between shifts! This car will dominate with proper wheels and tires. You're doing it right with the LSD too. Very excited to see how this turns out! Goodluck and what Wheel hp are you lookin at? 500 whp I hope with what you're doing :D

eod69usn

Ready to race!
Not sure if you realize that the snow stage3 w/m kit won't read the injector pulses on your car. It'll have to run in boost only mode like a stage2 kit, but with the interior mounted control panel

yes with the controller i can better tune the w/m start and end pressure with the map...that is the main reason for me going with the stg 3 vs. stg 2...im working a pretty trick mounting location for it too...hope it will work out good

eod69usn

Ready to race!
Sick ass build dude! Building the motor for nice 8k revs between shifts! This car will dominate with proper wheels and tires. You're doing it right with the LSD too. Very excited to see how this turns out! Goodluck and what Wheel hp are you lookin at? 500 whp I hope with what you're doing :D

the head is completely stock...the only thing that has been done is all the carbon/crap removed/cleaned, and new valve guides and keepers. someday in the future i might do a P an P and valve train upgrades and/or cams, but at this point there isnt a tune that would take advantage of a built head unless i got a Tapp custom tune...not worth the money vs. HP gain IMO...BUT yes a stock head will easily reach 7400rpm no problem...a stage 1 tune from any of the big tuners will raise the rev limiter to 7400

Only reason i stated 7250 was cuz thats where mine is at, u stated uni tuned.

Their website says:
RPM Limiter Increased to 7100 (With Stock Head)

They just wouldnt want the responsibility if you blew something up, 7400 would be nice tho.

eod69usn

Ready to race!
Only reason i stated 7250 was cuz thats where mine is at, u stated uni tuned.

Their website says:
RPM Limiter Increased to 7100 (With Stock Head)

They just wouldnt want the responsibility if you blew something up, 7400 would be nice tho.

sure, i have no experience with uni, but i know that revo sets the rev limiter to 7400...either way i have hit the rev limiter only a handful of times in 3 years of having this car. are those numbers from their stg 3 tune? the tune i will be running is for the BSH kit with a 3071r only, and i dont believe it is advertised on the site, but again its not a huge issue to me personally

E-man

8====D
Car(s)
07 .:Rabbit
i thought about doing a full rebuild on my motor for my tech class but instead im building a full drift spec miata but a very similar engine build

Savir04

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07'/CW/6MT/FSI
This car will be a(mostly) daily driver, so reliability was key. Upon removal and tear down of the block, the oil squirters were all replaced after finding one that seemed totally shot. !

Yo, nicely done build, she'll be one fast and reliable wabit, as far as your oil squirters, did they show any sympthons of being shot? How would you kno if u have a broken oil squirter? Im guessing maybe thru bad piston rings, more than average oil consuption, mad blow by, fuked up cylinder walls...aside from that, did she give any signs about the broken oil squirter before opening the block? Because i think pieces of my broken cam follower might have ended up in the oil squirters....again, outstanding build. :thumbsup:

On Big turbo application we can set the RPM limiter to where you want it. However, Direct Injection do not allow to spin the engine crazy fast, the injectors cannot response as fast as regular one, therefore a lower possible maximum rpm limiter. Furthermore, the faster you spin the shorter is the injection cycle. I would advise you not getting over 7500rpm. if you want something reliable.

eod69usn

Ready to race!
Yo, nicely done build, she'll be one fast and reliable wabit, as far as your oil squirters, did they show any sympthons of being shot? How would you kno if u have a broken oil squirter? Im guessing maybe thru bad piston rings, more than average oil consuption, mad blow by, fuked up cylinder walls...aside from that, did she give any signs about the broken oil squirter before opening the block? Because i think pieces of my broken cam follower might have ended up in the oil squirters....again, outstanding build. :thumbsup:

I did have some bad scoring of the #3 cylinder wall, and all my pistons had pitting and signs of melting. Each of the oil squirters has a tiny ball bearing valve that sits right inside the nozzle...these ball bearing are spring loaded, and on one of them the spring had collapsed/broken. Two of them you could feel the spring was weak and the last one felt normal. So i replaced them all as they are about $15 each. I will try to find pics of them for reference.

eod69usn

Ready to race!
ok here you can see the oil squirter...the treaded part has a spring loaded ball bearing inside, and on my #3 cylinder the spring was broken and that was the cylinder with the most damage

Attachments

• San Diego-20111014-00056.jpg
    San Diego-20111014-00056.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 797

eod69usn

Ready to race!
On Big turbo application we can set the RPM limiter to where you want it. However, Direct Injection do not allow to spin the engine crazy fast, the injectors cannot response as fast as regular one, therefore a lower possible maximum rpm limiter. Furthermore, the faster you spin the shorter is the injection cycle. I would advise you not getting over 7500rpm. if you want something reliable.

Ok thanks for the confirmation...like I mentioned I could care less about having a motor to wind out to 8000rpm....even with a completely redone valve train it would still all be pointless because I believe at high RPMs like that you would get float from the HPFP on the cam, and then who knows what would happen lol. Plus I already have a MKII that I can rev to 7 or 8000 all day long and makes a much better noise:)

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
I like my black smoke....gives me a james bond effect.

You only really ned to rev to 7500 anyways... that's when the power starts tapering off on a stock intake manifold/cam

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk