GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial FAQ for Big Turbo FSI owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex@unitronic

Ready to race!
So how does lower compression help with spool?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

it doesnt is actually all the way around it hurts it......

I actually thought that it hurt spool time.

it actually does, i dunno what i was smoking when i wrote that, i guess my auttocorrect changed it. I meant to say my stock cr vs say a 9.2 i should have better spool in that mid range. Different setups, so comparisons are difficult. I can make more mid level power than a lower cr with the same setup...i feel like i should be spooling a little better.

Last edited:

mark920

Ready to race!
yeah I am wondering how my car is going to drove with these lower compression mahle pistons, I think they are 9:1

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
I cant say anything good or bad about comp turbo cause i never used them before, but i tested with precision and had to send for warranty 2 times a 6235 turbo, and two different 5830 turbos, with garret i can tell you i have cero faillures till now, i dont know if they are the best or not, but for sure in my experience they are the most relliable by far....

and with my GTX3076 i also put down some impressive numbers at 27psi so for sure they can also make great power, by the way i have full boost at 4,500 rpms in 4th gear, but i am at 8200 fts above sea level, so im sure at sea level should be around 4200 rpms or less, so its not laggy at all and its very powerful.... ill go with that for what you want....

good luck

yeah the next turbo with be a garrett or borg warner.

Finally got confirmation about my turbo. On my doorstep by friday...........

Last edited:

Garabins

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTI
Have any of you guys had an increase in drone after your BT upgrade...im still on my same full 3" and at 45mph in 6th my exhaust has a lot of drone, to the point where everything vibrates inside the car...same thing as I'm slowing down.

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
so comp turbos are just modified pte turbos?

No, the JB's are garrett CHRA's and their triple Ball bearing CHRA's are supposely thier own creation.

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
Have any of you guys had an increase in drone after your BT upgrade...im still on my same full 3" and at 45mph in 6th my exhaust has a lot of drone, to the point where everything vibrates inside the car...same thing as I'm slowing down.

Racecar status, Man.

Yeah, I had some added noise, but vibes were mainly from stiffer mounts

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
What about everything else? Turbine wheel, compressor wheel?

Billet wheel is their own design and the turbine i have no clue
Honestly I have no issues with the turbo itself, Matt's turbo have proven itself and it's on par with others. Just how the company handled it.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
TMS maybe have a talk with clay about the bullseye turbos, their extended tip tech is nice, JB turbos so theyre rebuildable and made by BW so you know its good.

Or GTX is nice, i mean you had a 3071 i wouldnt think a gtx3071 will jump you that much up in power where itd be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.