GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04+Revo Fsi

karl87

Ready to race!
I have been trying to find a few dyno's of an Fsi with a K04 and Revo software and i'm unable to find any that list power to the wheels. Can anyone chime in and let me know? So far i've only found a few and they where sub 300whp this seems off or is that really it for the ko4 on the fsi?

Vwgtivw

Ready to race!
I have been trying to find a few dyno's of an Fsi with a K04 and Revo software and i'm unable to find any that list power to the wheels. Can anyone chime in and let me know? So far i've only found a few and they where sub 300whp this seems off or is that really it for the ko4 on the fsi?

Revo will be the same hp as most other tunes unless you start aggressively tuning it for more timing/boost

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
I think vwgtivw is the only guy in this forum thats revo k04 ...

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
not sure if you want to move your powerband up into higher RPMs with a k04... the low end torque of the k03 will help you do better burnouts.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
He has a thread in the vs section ... He said he thinks he has like 350 bhp ...

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
Why is it that they get a more aggressive tune?

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
Ic, lucky euros

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
I'm hoping I have 350 but I'm 100% certain together with my tuner and his experience having tuned other ED30's, that the number isn't going to be lower than 330 crank horsepower and not higher than 350. I claim 330 (at my sig also) because I always like to take the worst, it's the pessimistic part in me. :biggrin: I believe the number will be somewhere in the area of 345 five give or take.

ED30's do get aggressive tunes very easy without worrying about anything, they also have lower compression ratio than GTI's which helps when you're looking into a lot of power, engine is more reliable as well as having uprated internals. But.. in Europe we also have GTI's that make around 400 bhp with K04 so that's not only ED30's privilege. It's just that ED30's because they get K04 from the factory and the tunes they get are designed to work with the stock pump (which is the same like yours) there are no fuel cuts and you are practically able to just run a hell of timing with full boost and high octane gas so with only the tune and intake you can get roughy the same hp like average K04 GTI's get with full bolt ons. But that's why I said average, because here there are a few with 400 bhp.

So I'll agree with what the guys said, you should be looking for something like 350-360 crank, but you CAN go further it just depends on a few things. Just do it go for 350 believe me the car is a rocket for a daily driver watch my video at sig. When the weather cools down I'm gonna record one more to take it from 60 km/h up to 220+

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
Ic, lucky euros
Lucky Americans, I'd give anything for muscle. The minute I get 6 liters in my possession all hell will break loose with taxes and insurance, I mean say I first buy the car so I survive the first rip off, by the end of the first 4 years I will have spent more money to just own the car without moving it, than I would have to buy a brand new car, a good one too. Then think gas.. having a gas station hooked up wherever I go isn't the best thing to do over here. We always want what we can't have.

Vwgtivw

Ready to race!
I'm hoping I have 350 but I'm 100% certain together with my tuner and his experience having tuned other ED30's, that the number isn't going to be lower than 330 crank horsepower and not higher than 350. I claim 330 (at my sig also) because I always like to take the worst, it's the pessimistic part in me. :biggrin: I believe the number will be somewhere in the area of 345 five give or take.

ED30's do get aggressive tunes very easy without worrying about anything, they also have lower compression ratio than GTI's which helps when you're looking into a lot of power, engine is more reliable as well as having uprated internals. But.. in Europe we also have GTI's that make around 400 bhp with K04 so that's not only ED30's privilege. It's just that ED30's because they get K04 from the factory and the tunes they get are designed to work with the stock pump (which is the same like yours) there are no fuel cuts and you are practically able to just run a hell of timing with full boost and high octane gas so with only the tune and intake you can get roughy the same hp like average K04 GTI's get with full bolt ons. But that's why I said average, because here there are a few with 400 bhp.

So I'll agree with what the guys said, you should be looking for something like 350-360 crank, but you CAN go further it just depends on a few things. Just do it go for 350 believe me the car is a rocket for a daily driver watch my video at sig. When the weather cools down I'm gonna record one more to take it from 60 km/h up to 220+

US spec Gti's with k04 and revo tune is not anywhere close to 350hp crank. The US does not get 100oct so the only way to pull that off is w/m.

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
US spec Gti's with k04 and revo tune is not anywhere close to 350hp crank. The US does not get 100oct so the only way to pull that off is w/m.

ummm... you do know that US spec gas rating =/= Euro spec gas rating? their 98 ron is like our 93. also, you can find 100 oct (R+N/2) in the states quite easily, which is euro like 105 (?).