GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GROUP BUY: ECS Tuning VW MKV Golf GTI Open Fog Grills

V-VWMK-5

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
3-Door MkV Golf GTI
OEM OPEN FOG GRILLE GROUP BUY HAS CLOSED.

Order being placed today (20/09/2011) with Australian supplier.

Interested Parties

1. V-VWMK-5 (melb - oem) - CONFIRMED + PAID
2. jsof (melb - oem) - CONFIRMED + PAID
3. 55ASI_GTI-GOLF (qld - oem) - CONFIRMED + PAID
4. TKO (melb - oem) - CONFIRMED + PAID
5. vvw747 (melb - oem) - CONFIRMED + PAID
6. aquartos (melb - oem) - CONFIRMED + PAID

Last edited:

macad

apple pixel pusher
I've got these on my car, but they have two parts to them, the honeycomb part like the images above and a backing plate - can anybody tell me if their after market or OEM?

Attachments

• IMG_1429.jpg
    IMG_1429.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 3,447
  • IMG_1428.jpg
    IMG_1428.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 1,430

triode12

Go Kart Champion
Actually the OEM ones come with the back plate on the driver's side and an air scoop for the passenger side. This is why the shipping is so much, you need a rather large box to ship the grills in.

Macad - they look like the OEM ones I bought off Tim of Dub addiction and the another set I got off TMtuning for a friend.

V-VWMK-5

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
3-Door MkV Golf GTI
I'm from sunbury.
And these are not oem.. Defiantly aftermarket

sweet, might do a meet in the port melbourne area depending on numbers?

Actually the OEM ones come with the back plate on the driver's side and an air scoop for the passenger side. This is why the shipping is so much, you need a rather large box to ship the grills in.

Macad - they look like the OEM ones I bought off Tim of Dub addiction and the another set I got off TMtuning for a friend.

there were oem ones that had a back vent the passengers side.

the ones in the group buy are aftermarket and don't have the back vent. the vented ones can sometimes get in the way if you want to go down the fmic path?

i'll be making my own intake pipe with flexi-tubing and some cable ties. win.

Booba

Ready to race!
You should try online chat with tmt. they might have a ridiculous weight against that product hence the stupidly high shipping charge. i wanted to purchase a bolt and the shipping added $200 onto the quote on top of some other items, quick online chat with them resolved the issue as the weight was sent incorrectly on that product.

I purchased my open grills from tmt, you could try them.

V-VWMK-5

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
3-Door MkV Golf GTI
You should try online chat with tmt. they might have a ridiculous weight against that product hence the stupidly high shipping charge. i wanted to purchase a bolt and the shipping added $200 onto the quote on top of some other items, quick online chat with them resolved the issue as the weight was sent incorrectly on that product.

I purchased my open grills from tmt, you could try them.

i considered tm tuning, from their description, i think they're the ones with the rear vent. plus, they're almost 3 times the price! :biggrin:

3rd forum member jumped on board, bring on cheaper postage! woo hoo!

macad

apple pixel pusher
Ta guys, after pulling them out they do have what looks like a VAG part number - and yes the passenger one has a vent that goes to the intercooler.

jsof

Ready to race!
is it possible to get the top front grill also? My current one has the dealer licence plate mount on it, which i hate.. would love to get a clean one if possible and just screw my licence plate into it.

By the way V-VWMK-5, i just had a look at the pricing and shipping off ECS's website, and the part is $49.95 + $42.26 for shipping... maybe my area code is abit cheaper on shipping so maybe we get them sent to my address to save abit more?

for three, the total cost is $200.85 % 3 = $66.95 each

triode12

Go Kart Champion
is it possible to get the top front grill also? My current one has the dealer licence plate mount on it, which i hate.. would love to get a clean one if possible and just screw my licence plate into it.

Probably cheaper to get the centre surround from the dealer.

V-VWMK-5

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
3-Door MkV Golf GTI

By the way V-VWMK-5, i just had a look at the pricing and shipping off ECS's website, and the part is $49.95 + $42.26 for shipping... maybe my area code is abit cheaper on shipping so maybe we get them sent to my address to save abit more?

for three, the total cost is $200.85 % 3 = $66.95 each

i've just checked it, and you're right? i might have clicked the wrong country or something was calculated differently on their end.

i also checked the oem ones, they seem to have the same postage costs and these ecs ones. if you guys also want these, i'm happy to place your order!

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_V--2.0T/Exterior/Body/ES5992/ES5992/

i'll update the pricings now and pm those parties who have already placed orders!