GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BSH DV Relo Kit - Forge DV Service

IIIHobbs

The Old Man Down the Road
Car(s)
2007 GTI
It's been about 10k miles since I last serviced the Forge DV in my BSH DV Relo kit. Everything was working fine, but I noticed a little bump of the boost gauge needle when moving between boost and vacuum. This prompted me to do the DV Service.

I removed the DV after first warming the engine a bit; the hoses are more agreeable. Brought the Valve to the bench, took it apart, noticed it still moved freely, but with a little hesitation on the return. The Mobil 1 grease was still visible, but once completely apart I could see it was thinning at the O-Rings. I cleaned everything with a soft cloth and re-lubricated with Mobil 1 Synthetic Grease,

I then carefully reassembled, tested and reinstalled. It was all very simple, took all of 15 minutes. I took the car for a test drive and saw that the bump I noticed in the Boost gauge previously was gone. I am good to go for another 10k.

The Forge Valve Service instructions, can be found here: http://www.forgemotorsport.com/valve_service.pdf

Last edited:

IIIHobbs

The Old Man Down the Road
Car(s)
2007 GTI
If you have the BSH kit dont you have the Forge SuperSize DV not the DV006? Similar instructions I know but just curious cause my kit has the SuperSize. Does Forge recommend a 10k interval for valve service?

I have the Supersize DV, the instructions from Forge are essentially the same (remove it, disassemble it, clean it, grease it, reassemble it, test it, install it). As for interval, I don't know if Forge recommends any specific interval. Many drivers say once a year, some say less some say more often.

I inspected mine at 10,000 miles because I noticed a little bump of the boost gauge needle when moving between boost and vacuum. There was still grease on the piston, but the movement wasn't as smooth as it is now (after cleaning and re-greasing). Previously, I had approx. 15,000 miles on it prior to servicing.

sippyyy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV R32
Everything was working fine, but I noticed a little bump of the boost gauge needle when moving between boost and vacuum. This prompted me to do the DV Service.

I took the car for a test drive and saw that the bump I noticed in the Boost gauge previously was gone. I am good to go for another 10k.

Thank you so much for confirming this thought of mine. I've occasionally had that little bump for while and I suspected the DV had something to do with it!