GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VCDS Readiness test: Oxygen sensor fail

works

Arctic Circle
Car(s)
MKV GTI
My G83 sensor failed (coolant temperature sensor on the radiator output line) and after checking where the sensor itself was I took it in to get it changed. Anyways, after getting it done and clearing the codes I conducted the readiness test with my VCDS (http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/tour/readiness.html) and the oxygen sensor came back as "Failed or Incomplete". I did it twice and still the same result.

I have done the readiness test previously last winter when I had to get my car's annual government mandated checkup and had to clear up some codes before that. At that time all the fields read "Passed". The car isn't throwing any codes as it is now, but oxygen sensor readiness failure will fail me in the next checkup where they will check the emission systems through the ODB port.

Does anyone know what the sensor is that fails here and where can I get a new one?

TSiUG

sleeper...
I scanned for codes last night and my 2ndary 02 sensor failed as well. Could this cause performance issueslike those I have been dealing with? Power loss. On a tsi k04 kit?

siLc

Passed Driver's Ed
The secondary (post-cat) o2 sensor should be for emissions control purpuses and not affect performance.

TSiUG

sleeper...
The secondary (post-cat) o2 sensor should be for emissions control purpuses and not affect performance.

Ah, I C....thanks. Just trying to rule everything out that I can with my 240 wtq APR k04 kit :mad0259:

TSiUG

sleeper...
OP has revo and I have APR k04 software, I dont know who the question was posed to.

shaunraney

That guy.
Arin or someone from revo could probably better answer, but if the file was loaded into the car with "TEST PIPE" checked off, it will create a readiness error in order to avoid a CEL on a non catted DP.

It may be causing the OP's issue, but definitely not yours.

VWCASH

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI 2007
But do you have a code for the downstream o2 sensor? If it's not reading right it could cause problems because it does read the A/F readings the two o2s read off each other but if you went k04 then there should be no code unless there is something wrong.

Chris@RT

Banned
Drive the car for a week and recheck the tests. The cat and 02 sensor tests will only run in a small window of temperature. They have to be warmed up to a certain point to start but then finish before it gets too hot.

If it doesn't pass in a week or so of normal driving, assuming you drive more than a mile or two per day, then it may be something with the sensor or the tune itself possibly and you should contact your tuner.

works

Arctic Circle
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Thanks for the insight Chris, I'll re-check in few days to see if it still reads "Incomplete / Failed".