GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Northern Illinois Thread (Part 2)

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
^ Get these bad boys for your steelies, Ive got em and they make a world of difference. They are only $17 a piece from 1stvwparts.com

Last edited:

dave80

Go Kart Champion
Damn $700 just for the dsg oil change? Think I'll do it myself, but wanted the dealer to do it so its on the record for any dsg warranty work...knock on the wood...

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
It cover the ugly axle bolt, looks 10000 times better imo

I agree with covering the bolts up, but I still would rather have the bolts exposed. Maybe one of these days I'll plastidip the bolts so they're black at least lol.

Damn $700 just for the dsg oil change? Think I'll do it myself, but wanted the dealer to do it so its on the record for any dsg warranty work...knock on the wood...

I think just the fluid is $25 a liter and there are 6 liters needed IIRC? Either way, I've never had an issue with warranty work when my car was under warranty. They replaced my cam at 46k knowing it was Stg 2. If it is an issue, show them receipts of the parts you bought for it?

BTW, those mounts are awesome. Vibrate a shit ton (more than other users it seems), but they're holding up as far as I can tell. I've only driven it about 150 miles with them so far.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Haha, screw dealer prices. That's why the last time I actually paid for a full service was at 20k. I've gotten a few oil changes done, but otherwise, I've done all my own maintenance. The dealer would just take care of warranty work and recalls.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Haha, screw dealer prices. That's why the last time I actually paid for a full service was at 20k. I've gotten a few oil changes done, but otherwise, I've done all my own maintenance. The dealer would just take care of warranty work and recalls.

Im probably capable to do my own stuff but Id never get the peace of mind that comes when the dealer does my servicing, even if they do it wrong...

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Well, for basic stuff like changing oil, spark plugs, it's not really bad. Hell, even brake rotors and pads if you have the tools. My buddy and I just installed my BSH motor mounts and finally fixed my cam seal oil leak. That was a little bit involved, but not bad.

Now I just need to change my fuel filter again.