GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Merry Christmas....

cicatrizdare

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 JSW SEL
Someone tried to break-in/steal/vandalize my car. I'm going with that they were trying to steal it, because I figure the windows would've been smashed if they just wanted to rob it, but who knows. They failed to get inside the car, and I had a club on the steering wheel. Always remove my toll transponder and never leave the radar detector inside. :paddle: Anyway, I've seen on the bimmer forums about keyhole covers for the driver side door.

I'm getting this fixed, should have the car back tomorrow as this happened last week, but does anyone know of a keyhole cover available for the jetta/gti driver-side door? I'm hoping that something of the sort may deter further attempts. Although, who really knows with the way things are now.

cicatrizdare

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 JSW SEL
AAAAAHHHHHHHH HAHA LOL

Really dude? What the fuck is your problem?

Anyway, I don't know how this doesn't set the alarm off. It's still beyond me what the fuck someone was thinking to swiss cheese my door like that.

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
i think alarm is only set off by breaking certain currents at various points in the car. not 100% sure how it works, but this wouldn't set it off unless they opened the door. once they opened the door i think alarm would trigger.

good to hear they didn't make off with the car. i recently had my window busted open so they could get at a year old gps that was probably worth less than my mirror. i was pissed cause it happened in broad daylight too. are you getting a new door panel or are they somehow fixing this?

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
maybe replacing the driver door handle with a door handle from a rear driver side door (Considering only the door handle on the driver door is the only one with a key hole?) I forget what car this was done successfully (b13 sentras maybe or hondas)

Best of luck to ya though.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
that sucks : (

cicatrizdare

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 JSW SEL
i think alarm is only set off by breaking certain currents at various points in the car. not 100% sure how it works, but this wouldn't set it off unless they opened the door. once they opened the door i think alarm would trigger.

good to hear they didn't make off with the car. i recently had my window busted open so they could get at a year old gps that was probably worth less than my mirror. i was pissed cause it happened in broad daylight too. are you getting a new door panel or are they somehow fixing this?

New door panel, lock cylinder, and handle. You can't really see it in the picture, but they annihilated my lock. It's like 3x the size of what it should be. I'm just picturing this guy trying to crowbar the lock and although im pissed, I cant help but laugh that he didn't get in.