Vortec4800

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI

Simmsled

Parking Garage > Tree
Car(s)
its not special.
Nice car, girlfriend is a keeper... just have to learn forum 'speak'.

Thunderbunny can look good, Thunderbunny can look bad. Its all about your wheel choice and stance.

*its the first 4 door CW Thunderbunny I've seen.

Alexiscoolbitches

Fortified with biscuits
I love my GLI. Sure, it is made in Mexico, but I've had no quality issues out of it, minus cam follower. I can't blame Mexico for that.

BTDUBS

The Interceptor
Car(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Hello everyone, I just picked up a 2009 CW 4 door GTI with full votex kit & DSG. I was really there for a Jetta GLI and I had found the car exactly just how i wanted it! but then I found out that the GLI is made in MEXICO!!! I was like WTF! I know that some of the parts are made in Germany but the car is built in Mexico. I just think that's weak... I wanted a German car built in Germany not a German car built in Mexico. so I sprung for the GTI instead, the funny thing is that when I was leaving the dealership my girl said "I'm glad you did not get the jetta cuz thats a girls car" I told her it was a GLI & its fast & she said a "jetta is a jetta even if it is fast its still a girls car" lol. anyways I'm happy with my new car :)

I just hope you realize that most car companies outsource many of their parts to different countries. Brazil makes parts and cars for VW, Mini, BMW, Mercedes, etc. The original BMW Mini had the engines in Brazil, so did Mercedes. A lot of BMW's are made in Spartanburg, South Carolina. To be fair the Rabbit and GTI were made in Germany, HOWEVER the 2.5L engine is made in Mexico. Just buy the car for what it is, not where it is made. What is wrong with Mexico?

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW GTI MkVI
I just hope you realize that most car companies outsource many of their parts to different countries. Brazil makes parts and cars for VW, Mini, BMW, Mercedes, etc. The original BMW Mini had the engines in Brazil, so did Mercedes. A lot of BMW's are made in Spartanburg, South Carolina. To be fair the Rabbit and GTI were made in Germany, HOWEVER the 2.5L engine is made in Mexico. Just buy the car for what it is, not where it is made. What is wrong with Mexico?

There is nothing wrong with Mexico, but cheap labor doesn't always come cheap, especially for us consumers. Besides, why should I be paying the same price for a car that comes from either a different continent or a few states away? If VW is saving on labor, shouldn't we be saving on cars?

LAWSON

GTI=FAST\FASTER=BIKE
Car(s)
2009 GTI
^ Its not as simple as that Buddy, its call capitalism read about it!!!

Lestat

Seat Fan
Car(s)
Seat Leon Fr 2009
All the GTI's are made in Germany and all the GLI in Mexico.

So anyway you are so f****** retarded.

Sugardaddy

well im from mexico and i can tell you those cars are well buit.
all the auto industry moves to places with cheap labor (mexico).
for exampe, ford ,gm, chrysler, bmw (3 series) mercedes( c class) renaut, nissan just to name a few are made in mexico
if you dont like cars made in mexico get an AMG mercedes or M from BMW or a porsche i think opel is german too.
even my R has parts from mexico.....

your GTI is made in puebla, outside mexico city..... sorry!

Nope, it's made in Wolfsburg like all the Rabbits and GTIs sold in the US and Canada.

And everything else being equal, I'd take the german-built car over the mexican one.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI