GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what type of gas should i use?

jweschow

hey, im new to gti's and i just purchased a 2007 mkv, but im not entirely sure what type of fuel to use. i did some researching and i got the sense that i should use 91 or 93, but im not sure and i still have a week before i pick up the car. any tips? thanks.

GTIMKVFAST08

schmoser boser....
Car(s)
08 BMP GTI

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone know for certain that our ECU can advance timing enough to take advantage of 93? The car's listed requirements are 91.

Just curious.

DUB2OT

Banned
diesel

Whiteboy88

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 VW GTI DSG

marknouj

The Engineer
Car(s)
2008 VW Rabbit
I've read on the APR site that you get a few extra horses and ft-lbs when using 93.

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
My car takes only 98 RON or better. It's written in my manual as well as inside the tank cap. Your equivalent to 98 RON in the US is 93. I've been putting 100 RON (your equivalent is 95) since day one, not because I need it, but because I was suggested to do so by my dealer. In terms of power, the difference between 100 and 95 RON (US equivalent 91) is around 20-25bhp on a stock car. The only advice I can give you is go for your 93 even if you're stock. I'm not an expert I just feel safer doing what I'm told by those who are. Unless your car takes regular too so that's another story.

HenWee

Lonely Driver
Car(s)
09 2Dr GTi
91 min
There should be a sticker on the inner side of your fuel cap lid to remind you.