GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GT 1.4 TSI 170 Info ?

Paul_OH

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf GT TSI
Thanks!
What are the badges on the rear of your GT?
The Aussie GT just has 'GT' on the left hand side...or is it the right...I can't remember at the moment.

I think the Oz GT had GT on the left rear whilst the GT Sports had GOLF on the left and TSI/TDI on the right. I got rid of my GOLF and just left the TSI, look much neater now.

Mike-B

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK V Golf GT
Thanks!
What are the badges on the rear of your GT?
The Aussie GT just has 'GT' on the left hand side...or is it the right...I can't remember at the moment.

And thank you for volunteering your car to be remapped.

I think the Oz GT had GT on the left rear whilst the GT Sports had GOLF on the left and TSI/TDI on the right. I got rid of my GOLF and just left the TSI, look much neater now.

The 07 MkIV has 'GOLF' on the left and 'GT' on the right.

That's about all I know.

:thumbsup:

GTom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf GT
And another one to add to the mix...

I have a few mods here and there, just recently with some help chucked on the Forge Twintercooler.... Milltek exhaust will be on by the end of September and then no more.....

This is a photo from ages ago. Nothing much.....

Mike-B

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK V Golf GT
And another one to add to the mix...

I have a few mods here and there, just recently with some help chucked on the Forge Twintercooler.... Milltek exhaust will be on by the end of September and then no more.....

This is a photo from ages ago. Nothing much.....

Very nice !

What gains do you get from the intercooler ?

OraQube

The 07 MkIV has 'GOLF' on the left and 'GT' on the right.

That's about all I know.

:thumbsup:

I think you mean MkV? Because I've got an 07 which was the launch model for Oz and yes, the badges are positioned like you said.

Nice one mate! I debadged both 'GOLF' and 'GT', and just put 'GT' on the left, for that neat look. :thumbsup:

Mike-B

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK V Golf GT
I think you mean MkV? Because I've got an 07 which was the launch model for Oz and yes, the badges are positioned like you said.

Nice one mate! I debadged both 'GOLF' and 'GT', and just put 'GT' on the left, for that neat look. :thumbsup:

Lol, I have no idea why I put MKIV ! I never even had a MKIV.... Mine is indeed a MKV.

:biggrin:

OraQube do you have a picture of the back end ?

OraQube

I haven't taken a pic of it yet but if you have a browse through the aussie section of photos, try and find atilla's GT coz he's done the same thing. Think he's got LED tails too!

Themass1

Car(s)
VW MK5 TSI 170
Hi all,

I realise this thread is pretty dead but maybe we can start a new breed of enthusiasts.

I have my mk5 TSI gt Sport for about 5 months.
Paul said it all really. Although I am leaning to trying out the custom tune as the APR is only for the TDI version of the GT it seems. And yes it's about $1500 here in Sydney at tunehouse.

I bought a gt sport badge that I'm going to put on the back. Either remove the golf on the left badge or just put over the TDI badge on the back.