GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bargain retrofits for golf mk5 = supply&fit or fitting only

Rate my VW retrofits out of 5!

• Total voters

Shammyy

Great work mate, Im quite interested in getting some work done from yourself. So far it includes the RNS510 Sat Nav installation and the rear lights (your modified type) being carried out. If you could please message me regarding costs and other details it would be great and also would you supply the products such as the RNS510 or would I be able to buy it for you to just carry out the work, looking to hear from you. Cheers mate

Also would you fit retrofitted headlight washers?

Last edited:

sparks2005

Cruise control

Hi all,

Any help would be appreciated.

I have fitted cruise control to my 2007 Golf GTi DSG but can't get it to engage, the light comes up when you turn it on but won't set.

I have activated cruise in the long coding.

The steering wheel has paddles only, not multifunction.

control module and coding

Stork part number: 1KO 054 690 A

Again any help would be great :wink:

omeydz

BARGAIN RETROFITS!*PM ME*
Car(s)
Golf MK5 1.4
Hi all,

Any help would be appreciated.

I have fitted cruise control to my 2007 Golf GTi DSG but can't get it to engage, the light comes up when you turn it on but won't set.

I have activated cruise in the long coding.

The steering wheel has paddles only, not multifunction.

control module and coding

Stork part number: 1KO 054 690 A

Again any help would be great :wink:

Hi!

Steering wheel controller coding needs to be 0011142.

You need to go into the long coding in the engine and tick box to say cruise fitted while ignition is on but engine not running.

After this it should be working...

If not are there any fault codes on the steering controller or Engine?

Thanks

omeydz

Car(s)
Golf MK5 1.4
Great work mate, Im quite interested in getting some work done from yourself. So far it includes the RNS510 Sat Nav installation and the rear lights (your modified type) being carried out. If you could please message me regarding costs and other details it would be great and also would you supply the products such as the RNS510 or would I be able to buy it for you to just carry out the work, looking to hear from you. Cheers mate

Also would you fit retrofitted headlight washers?

PM sent. Thanks

omeydz

Car(s)
Golf MK5 1.4
Dear all,

Unfortunately I will not be accepting new bookings due to other commitments :frown: . I anticipate to resume work in Summer 2012.

Sorry for any incovenience this may cause.

You may notice new pictures going up still, but this is for work that I have already formally committed to and will honour. :smile:

I will still be able to help with any queries or questions on retrofits, so don't worry! :thumbsup:

Kind Regards,

sparks2005

Hi!

Steering wheel controller coding needs to be 0011142.

You need to go into the long coding in the engine and tick box to say cruise fitted while ignition is on but engine not running.

After this it should be working...

If not are there any fault codes on the steering controller or Engine?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

Checked control module coding and recoded also done the same for engine coding, still no joy.

No fault codes stored in engine or module.

If this car didn't have the the wire from control module to ecu, there would be a fault code?

Thanks

sparks2005

Thanks for the reply.

Checked control module coding and recoded also done the same for engine coding, still no joy.

No fault codes stored in engine or module.

If this car didn't have the the wire from control module to ecu, there would be a fault code?

Thanks

Just checked wiring, here's a pic

Upgrade Goodies

Hi - Brand new to the forum so not sure how I do this but please bear with me.

My '57 reg MKV has standard 300 unit stereo with MFSW and Red High Line display. Are you able to supply/fit either a RNS or RCD 510 and OEM iPod centre arm rest (The existing one has the cheap plug in iPod connector as originally fitted which gives very limited functionality) and would also like OEM BT unit. Would like if possible to also have DAB. What sort of MFD would it give for iPod, phone etc.
Prices might be nice too if you could provide too.

p.s. Live in Washington which you probably know from the services you pass on the way to Newcastle.

Last edited:

Eddie-NL

Passed Driver's Ed
Just checked wiring, here's a pic

Some AQ steering controllers have a bug in them that don't allow the cruise to be retrofitted. I know of at least 3 cases where the AQ controller didn't work with retrofitted cruise. Once the steering controller was changed all worked.

omeydz

Car(s)
Golf MK5 1.4
Iv fitted a handful of AQ controllers in my time and not had any issues..

If your sure everything else has been done properly, then only thing I can suggest is try a different controller as Ed said.

VCDS would have thrown an error if there was an error in the coding or the cruise stalk itself or if a wire was missing (impossible in your case as your GTI is 2007)

Good luck :)

omeydz

Car(s)
Golf MK5 1.4
Hi - Brand new to the forum so not sure how I do this but please bear with me.

My '57 reg MKV has standard 300 unit stereo with MFSW and Red High Line display. Are you able to supply/fit either a RNS or RCD 510 and OEM iPod centre arm rest (The existing one has the cheap plug in iPod connector as originally fitted which gives very limited functionality) and would also like OEM BT unit. Would like if possible to also have DAB. What sort of MFD would it give for iPod, phone etc.
Prices might be nice too if you could provide too.

p.s. Live in Washington which you probably know from the services you pass on the way to Newcastle.

PM sent, thanks

omeydz

Car(s)
Golf MK5 1.4
John's 10plate 2010 Jetta TDI SE 6 speed manual.

WORK: RNS510 navigation, coding modifications.

(apologies for poor picture quality - full size images were too large to upload!)

Attachments

• Image0352.jpg
    Image0352.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 1,554
  • Image0353.jpg
    Image0353.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 1,563
  • Image0354.jpg
    Image0354.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 1,657
  • Image0355.jpg
    Image0355.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 1,508
  • Image0356.jpg
    Image0356.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 1,556
  • Image0357.jpg
    Image0357.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 1,581

sparks2005

Some AQ steering controllers have a bug in them that don't allow the cruise to be retrofitted. I know of at least 3 cases where the AQ controller didn't work with retrofitted cruise. Once the steering controller was changed all worked.

When you say change the controller, do I change it for a new AQ type or a different type?

Thanks for your help

omeydz

Car(s)
Golf MK5 1.4
UPDATE:

Viv's '10 2010 Caddy Maxi

Prev work: Cruise control

Work done this visit: RNS510 Satellite Navigation + Coding

Future: Highline Display + MFSW?

Attachments

• Image0358[1].jpg