GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Carbonio Stage 1 Intake

ymbrian

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

After getting my GTI tuned to APR stage 1, I am now thinking of getting the apr carbonio stage 1 intake, any thoughts/suggestions?

does changing the intake make the engine sound louder?

Thanks!

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
i got the carbonio while i was still stage I. it does make a slight difference in acceleration up top, but i'm super anal about the car so i notice anything and everything that changes. realistically, it only adds some sound and not really any changes in power. it does make the engine sound nicer and i liked it.

heathcliff57

Ready to race!
Do it! APR Stage 1 + Carbonio intake = best power for your money. You will feel the difference, no doubt about it. Should get you another 15-20 ft lbs of torque at the wheels.

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 CW DSG GTI
For TSI? Yeah, get the Carbonio intake but for FSI? It's waste of your money, you don't gain much from it.
Spend 20$ on a torque insert.

ymbrian

Passed Driver's Ed
I actually have TSI, haha

eROCK

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 GTI 4 door
I actually have TSI, haha

Your profile says you have a 2007 GTI (FSI), so that's why people were confused. The Carbonio on an FSI is just ok....definitely not the best for that car. A used one would be your best bet since it's pretty overpriced for what you get. If you do in fact have a 2008.5 - 2010 GTI (TSI) then the Carbonio stage 1 is pretty good on that engine. Either way, the APR stg 1 tune is really nice.

sd-mod

Ready to race!
Do it! APR Stage 1 + Carbonio intake = best power for your money. You will feel the difference, no doubt about it. Should get you another 15-20 ft lbs of torque at the wheels.

I would say APR Stage 1 + P-Flo = same power for less money.. Just not a flashy carbon look.

obby787

Car(s)
stock for now
So who's better at intakes? APR, Injen, K&N, etc? I have an 2006.5 GTI and was actually looking at doing a K&N Typhoon. The gains don't seem too shabby, and my roommate has a K&N on his S2000 and that baby screams. Is there really a big difference between the different brands of intakes?

rasukovich

My '09 TSI has APR Stage I tuned ro 93 octane and I just installed the Carbonio intake a few days ago. It's only slightly throatier but throttle response is instant! Good combination. Thinking about what I should do next.