GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

March Madness

wolfpack_1.8T

Banned
WVU is dropping 3s like crazy. they are pushing UK out with that zone and wall is making dumb mistakes. i think if we calm down and press their 3s a bit more then we are fine. it will open back door cuts open, but our big guys can handle them.

dbduke

Go Kart Champion
WVU is dropping 3s like crazy. they are pushing UK out with that zone and wall is making dumb mistakes. i think if we calm down and press their 3s a bit more then we are fine. it will open back door cuts open, but our big guys can handle them.

That was perhaps the worst officiated 20 minutes of basketball all season. The blown back-court violation, the touch foul on Wall on Butler's 3, the last foul of the half that they gave to Cousins who was nowhere near the play, and worst of all the blown travel call and the follow up technical. What an asshole, seriously. He blows the call then T's up the player who calls him out on it. There's no clear bias one way or the other, its just very, very, very badly called.

wolfpack_1.8T

Banned
That was perhaps the worst officiated 20 minutes of basketball all season. The blown back-court violation, the touch foul on Wall on Butler's 3, the last foul of the half that they gave to Cousins who was nowhere near the play, and worst of all the blown travel call and the follow up technical. What an asshole, seriously. He blows the call then T's up the player who calls him out on it. There's no clear bias one way or the other, its just very, very, very badly called.

you sir are correct. i just got off the phone with my dad and he already broke his coffee table due to the calls. he swears they will make UK lose. i think Calipari will get these boys together and they will speed the game up and get WVU on their heels. i havent drank in 4 years and im seriously thinking about a beer right now, i am that mad.

turboed

Low Blinker Fluid
WVU finally made a 2 point basket and then hit another 3!

dbduke

Go Kart Champion
So is Cousins going to play D or whine like Kobe does in the NBA when he doesn't get a call.

College kids...

He's going to do both. Whine like a baby and play D. That's his game.

I gotta admit, I laughed pretty hard when he hit Butler in the nuts. Butler is an arrogant prick.

turboed

Low Blinker Fluid
He's going to do both. Whine like a baby and play D. That's his game.

I gotta admit, I laughed pretty hard when he hit Butler in the nuts. Butler is an arrogant prick.

He got away with one for sure. Jay Bilas normally calls it like he sees it, not sure why he said it wasn't intentional. The ball was being held up by his head, he knew what he was doing.

dbduke

Go Kart Champion
UK will roll WVU??? Really? Have you seen the way wvu plays defense. This will not be some walk in the park. WVU has length and joe mazulla plays much better defense than daryl 'truck' bryant has all season. WVU just has to limit the turnovers and we will have a ball game.

Alright well obviously I am eating my words. But I will say that WVU did nothing to actually defend all those 3's UK missed - the vast majority of them were wide open. If UK shoots anyone near their season average from the line and from 3 they win by 20+. Can't win if you don't score, though.

applemonkey

I've got hoes
Calipari can't coach. He prepares them to go pro but doesnt prepare them to excel at the college level. They stopped doing what they do best, and that is dribble drive. Calipari didnt know what to do with the 1-3-1 zone when the shots werent falling. If kentucky were to hit some threes then wvu would have given them pressure on the perimeter. But they never did so there was no need to defend the 3. Kentucky didnt know what it was in for. They played some lollipops compared to wvu and got burned big time.

dbduke

Go Kart Champion
butler is the most clutch player in all of college basketball

I think its pretty close between him, Wall and Turner. Butler has hit more big shots, but Wall and Turner have completely taken over games when they had to. Even tonight, there was no question who the best player on the floor was. He just didn't get any help.

applemonkey

I've got hoes
I think its pretty close between him, Wall and Turner. Butler has hit more big shots, but Wall and Turner have completely taken over games when they had to. Even tonight, there was no question who the best player on the floor was. He just didn't get any help.

turner had his chance...but blew it.

dbduke

Go Kart Champion
turner had his chance...but blew it.

He got two good looks at it. Remember Syracuse? Butler wasn't able to create a quality look for himself at the end of the game, and ruined what would have been an amazing comeback.

If you want to talk missed opportunities for being clutch, Butler choked in a much worse way against Cuse than Turner did last night. He caught the ball with 2.5 seconds left, had no idea how much time he had and heaved a 3/4 court shot that didn't have a prayer of finding the rim. Clutch, indeed.

But if you want to talk about a body of work, Butler's "big shots" aren't as impressive as Wall and Turner taking over games for several minutes down the stretch.

applemonkey

I've got hoes
He got two good looks at it. Remember Syracuse? Butler wasn't able to create a quality look for himself at the end of the game, and ruined what would have been an amazing comeback.

If you want to talk missed opportunities for being clutch, Butler choked in a much worse way against Cuse than Turner did last night.

But if you want to talk about a body of work, Butler's "big shots" aren't as impressive as Wall and Turner taking over games for several minutes down the stretch.

turner choked in the worst possible way because of the situation. It is a conference game vs a tourny game. Wall and turner are better players and can take over a game, but butler has been the most clutch player all season. But thats partly due to how many last shot situations wvu has, butler had soo many opportunities to become a star at the last second. But i agree turner and wall do have a knack for taking over a game

dbduke

Go Kart Champion
turner choked in the worst possible way because of the situation. It is a conference game vs a tourny game. Wall and turner are better players and can take over a game, but butler has been the most clutch player all season. But thats partly due to how many last shot situations wvu has, butler had soo many opportunities to become a star at the last second. But i agree turner and wall do have a knack for taking over a game

Agreed. And Turner is a bitch for walking off the court like that. What a baby.