GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 4 C2 Install - ripping her apart

defense05

Ready to race!
Holy crap! More videos for this build please! That inline 5 must sound amazing, especially when boosted.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
ah nice to see you taking on the 2.5 now... in the midst of pulling my project out of the shitter again. are you on the 2.5 facebook group?

ah nice to see you taking on the 2.5 now... in the midst of pulling my project out of the shitter again. are you on the 2.5 facebook group?

Yeah, the 2.5 is awesome. I'll post more info later. The motor is fully built, including head porting and cams. Revs to over 9K.

I am on the 2.5 facebook group. What's going on with your project?

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
eh nothing much, it's been on the side of my house for a year and a half but I've started getting stuff ready to tidy it up. I've got a flange sittin around for an SRI/AWIC... LOL I also have an 08 WRX sittin around that needs a new engine

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
LOL having cams on the 2.5 is quite the accomplishment since they don't exactly exist off the shelf. I keep hearing for the most part they don't make enough of a difference to be worth it... I mean you can get what like 8600rpm building a head without em and 7.5 to 8k on stock head depending on engine code. My gameplan at this point is just to call it quits after I finish the AWIC intake manifold, PRO.MAF and upgrade from the bosch green monsters to the 550s that come with modern kits, and switch from Jeff era C2 tune to UM. 350 is all I really want to make out of my rabbit. AWIC is moreso to simplify charge piping. I want to do a downward facing TB so I can do 1 under the engine/trans (like in the c2 kit anyways) hard pipe between the turbo and TB for reliability since MAF cars stall when you blow a pipe. My bigger build is going to be the subaru since it's cheaper to make 400 with room to grow than it is to put it back to stock at this point. Had the infamous failed oil feed line take out the turbo on my 08 WRX and shrapnel got in that BS 2.5 they put in em. Gameplan is built 06 STi block with stock but mildly built heads and a PTE 5858. Then I'll be looking to get an STi trans and rear end on there before I blow 1 of the 3 diffs

LOL having cams on the 2.5 is quite the accomplishment since they don't exactly exist off the shelf. I keep hearing for the most part they don't make enough of a difference to be worth it... I mean you can get what like 8600rpm building a head without em and 7.5 to 8k on stock head depending on engine code. My gameplan at this point is just to call it quits after I finish the AWIC intake manifold, PRO.MAF and upgrade from the bosch green monsters to the 550s that come with modern kits, and switch from Jeff era C2 tune to UM. 350 is all I really want to make out of my rabbit. AWIC is moreso to simplify charge piping. I want to do a downward facing TB so I can do 1 under the engine/trans (like in the c2 kit anyways) hard pipe between the turbo and TB for reliability since MAF cars stall when you blow a pipe. My bigger build is going to be the subaru since it's cheaper to make 400 with room to grow than it is to put it back to stock at this point. Had the infamous failed oil feed line take out the turbo on my 08 WRX and shrapnel got in that BS 2.5 they put in em. Gameplan is built 06 STi block with stock but mildly built heads and a PTE 5858. Then I'll be looking to get an STi trans and rear end on there before I blow 1 of the 3 diffs

Yeah, the cams were a lucky deal. UM was doing tuning for the SRI software for IE and they allowed him to get a set of 2.5 cams. I think only Gabe at Bluewater had a set apart from me, but there could be more in the wild, I just don't know. Overall I think the cams do make a difference in my set up, but I have no reference because I did them along with everything else. Jeff at UM thinks they do make a difference in my case. I think you'll find without them you won't make as much power all the way up to 8600rpm like you will with them.

A Subi is a good choice and as you say, you'll get more power for your money. I just can't quit my VW addiction. Best of luck with a Subi build though, will be fun! :thumbsup:

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
Hey Zev; my birthday is like 10 days away if you were considering your next project...?

:biggrin: