GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Anyone got one? I'm thinking about getting one for my online gaming, but wanted to see what others thought first. I read the reviews, but I just wanna make sure someone can vouje for them. Don't want it to slow down COD.

FWIW: It would be located only one room away from the router?...about 15ft.

racinrabbit

Professional Wheelman
why not just get a 15' cat5 cable and just hardwire it to your router....cheaper and faster. I have the wireless adapter and it works ok but I have been hardwired for the last couple of months and will not go back.

Volkswagging

Don't Hate, Inseminate
you might want to hardwire considering how close it is. I've got the wireless adapter and it works well (but terribly on occassion). Mine if pretty far away, though, the router is downstairs while the adapter is upstairs about 50 feet away blocked by 2 walls in between. If I play more than 30 minutes, I'm guaranteed to lag more than once. It really is just too far for the adapter, but at your distance it should be fine if you don't want to deal with running wires on the floor.

BoostedThrills

showshinedetail.com
Car(s)
G35
If you're a serious FPS you'll want to hard wire that bad boy. When using the wireless set up, some packets can get lost due to interference you can't control which may be perceived as "lag". It's only 15 feet, I'd hard wire it; I actually switched from wireless to hard wire a couple years ago.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
It is for FPS primarily. Curiosity got the best of me. I've always hardwired. But I moved the tv and stuff into the next room, and have a game room set up in my man cave now. It's down in the basement, and I don't wanna drill through the drywall in the basement just to run an ethernet wire...so we'll see what happens. I measured, and I'm actually only about 10ft away now (but on the other side of the drywall). So I'm hoping that since I'm so close, there wont be any lag problems. I have a high speed connection, and my Xbox wireless adapter is showing all bars for my connection.

Also: It's the newer wireless adapter with the two antennas on it. Should be good to go, we'll see.

Horus USAF

shhh Im thinkin......
Car(s)
06 GTI
I have the wireless antenna that Microsoft sells. Have it located one floor above me (bed room) and have never (lost signal/ no lagging) playing downstairs in my living room.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Update: Just played COD for about an hour and didn't experience any lag or dropped signals. Couldn't even tell a difference. So far so good.

supaflip

WWAATTAAHH!!!
the new ones by microsoft are N wireless (black color). so if u have an N router it can go up to speed more than 100mbps compare to a hardwire which can only go from 10/100 (but u don't loose signal). and the regular ones (white color) only gives you 54mbps tops and signal goes down if ur too far

I don't know if the elite 360 or the new ones comes with a 10/100/1000 ethernet port. If u have a ps3, it's better hardwired esp if you have a Gigabit router coz the ps3 comes with a 10/100/1000 ethernet port

ASCI_Blue

Ballin'
got one when I lived in idaho, good stuff over the last few years. got one for my bride to be when we first started dating and it's treated her very well.