GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Resonator Delete Facts & FAQ

08EmKayFive

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 gti
Instead of making a thread I'll just ask here.. I already have the resonator delete, How loud would it be if I took off the suitcase as well? On a scale from 1-10

08EmKayFive

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 gti
Instead of making a thread I'll just ask here.. I already have the resonator delete, How loud would it be if I took off the suitcase as well? On a scale from 1-10

Anyone?

Corey U.

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW for life
It will be pretty loud but i don't think anywhere from 8-10 on a scale maybe 5-6 if you have a catless down pipe or not, it could change but the initial startup will be loudest then it should quiet down and sound pretty good.

RedLine GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Yea if you going to put a dp on I would wait to take the suitcase off...do the dp first and it will get pretty loud and go from there but if you never plan on doing a do then go for it but don't know how loud it will be

Davemonfl

Need an APR stage 1!!!
I've been planning on doing this to my 2009 2.0T jetta Wolfsburg but I went to a local muffler shop and what I thought was the resonator the guy said was the cat....

Does anyone know if the part circled in red is the resonator on a 2009 2.0T Jetta Wolfie? Or is the mid muffler the resonator?
Thanks for any help!!!!

RedLine GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Looks like the resonator... The cats should only be on the down pipe but your exhaust looks different than the GTI. Resonator on mine is cylindrical rather than square muffler

fd2black

Karma Police
Car(s)
2008 GTI 2dr
So going to bump this thread. I am going to have a friend who builds hill climb cars do the resonator delete for me. He told me just to buy the piping and he will do the rest for some beer. Does anybody know off the top of their head (so I don't have to crawl under the car) how much tubing I should buy? I am thinking 2 feet will probably be enough, but just wanted to get some opinions.

fd2black

Karma Police
Car(s)
2008 GTI 2dr
Thanks snobrdrdan 18" is what our local parts store sold and we still had to cut it down a little bit.
The res delete is awesome. Took us about an hour to cut the res off and weld the straight pipe on. My friend has been building cars since he was like 10 so it took him no time at all. That was without a lift too. Cost me a six pack and the price of the pipe.

Overall the sound is exactly what I was looking for. It was what was missing from the exhaust in my opinion. It has a nice deep sound and I love hearing the dsg shift now. If anyone is questioning whether or not to do this mod, just do it! It's great.

fastwire

Ready to race!
I will be doing this mod but first I wanna install downpipe