GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

i really hope this was not one of our guys ....

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
let me lay the scene out for you guys here in tampa we have a stretch of and island called davis island this is where alot of fancy doctors live and what not .. its a beatiful place ... once your comming onto the island u approach a bridge that is basically one huge hump in the road if u hit this hump at even 35 mph you will get a lil air ..

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou....925792,-82.446384&spn=0.037236,0.076046&z=14

^^there is a map of the place .^^

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...=osVXMC12xxzYtc2Q_wYjGQ&cbp=12,213.08,,0,3.58

^^ thats a street view of the hump im talking about ..^^

i myself have had a lil fun with going over this rather fast .. and altho i admit it is fun its not something to play with

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/ne...davis-islands-crash-ut-student-injured-112409

this is what happens ... and it was a gti ..

so i really hope it was not one of our fellow dubbers on this fourm ..

HotBoxedGTI

Ready to race!
they said the girl in the car is listed as "serious condition" that does not sound that ok to me....hope im wrong tho

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
yeah me too its a pretty bad part of that island .. its practically blind on the other side of that bridge ..

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
So how is this a tragedy like they said? Everyone survived. Why do they smear this guy's name all over the news too like he's a criminal? There hasn't been any official findings from an investigation that he broke the law. They don't know if they weren't there.
Sounds like a slow newsday trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. People crash cars all the time.

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
this is the obvious thing ..just like cnn and thir expert analysis .. on everything ..

im just saying i feel bad for them .

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
VW=Built like a Tank.............:thumbsup:

HotBoxedGTI

Ready to race!
So how is this a tragedy like they said? Everyone survived. Why do they smear this guy's name all over the news too like he's a criminal? There hasn't been any official findings from an investigation that he broke the law. They don't know if they weren't there.
Sounds like a slow newsday trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. People crash cars all the time.

its a tragedy cuz another gti bit the dust :cry: :frown:

I Am The Stig

Hey Now!
Car(s)
'09 Black Magic GTI
Another article I read about this said the girl in the back seat ended up with a lacerated liver among other injuries. The 2 guys in the front seat were ok relatively speaking. Maybe no seatbelt in the back? Either way, I hope she ends up being ok, sucks that the family was going to pick her up at the airport for Thanx. Now they had to come down and spend it at Tampa General Hospital.

Drive Safe!

Last edited:

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
It's better to do this stuff in the winter. Snowbanks = air bags and so much better than a brick wall lol

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
They were going very fast. You can tell from how far they skidded after hitting the stop sign and how far it went through the brick wall. These cars are made for the autobahn have to be safe. Wonder if the girl was wearing her seatbelt and even still she could be worse after a crash like that.

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
i dont think she was wearing her seatbelt .. this morning a kid died in a car accident .. now thats got to be even worse for the family ..