GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CiM angled vent pod and electrical boost gauge for center vent. Who has one?

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Order placed Wednesday afternoon. Package arrived today, Friday.
These guys don't seem to slack when it come to shipping products out!

No joke...mine arrived about as quickly as it takes to make toast. Talk about instant gratification!

Mr. SickWitIt

Passed Driver's Ed
Order placed Wednesday afternoon. Package arrived today, Friday.
These guys don't seem to slack when it come to shipping products out!

I ordered mine Wednesday too and just got it today! :thumbsup: to this company and it's great service! Only if other companies can be like this.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
FYI, just looked through the box o' parts and the T-fitting looks really crappy. The barbed plastic doesn't look well sealed to the hose.

Luckily I had already taken someone else's advice within this thread and ordered a better quality boost tap at the same time that I ordered this gauge, so hopefully it arrives soon so I can install this gauge. BSH apparently does not have the same sort of speedy service as CiM. My gauge arrived several days ago but still waiting on the BSH part.

Anyhow, it might be a good idea for others interested in the CiM gauge to save themselves the headache of a leaking boost tap and get a better one.

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
Yes, I agree about the tap. I'm not even sure if/how it will work with my TSI.

Although it seems most gauge vendors include a marginal tap, at best. Some don't include any sort of tap at all.

Buy this kit for the gauge, not for the tap.

V2.0T

Ready to race!
Yes, I agree about the tap. I'm not even sure if/how it will work with my TSI.

Although it seems most gauge vendors include a marginal tap, at best. Some don't include any sort of tap at all.

Buy this kit for the gauge, not for the tap.

The tap that is included is for the FSI motors. In the description on their site it says that. That would be why you are having trouble with it. It's not the best tap, but it works and does its job.

Didnt u say that the vent pod is 45mm:iono:

Yes, but what people have to understand is that the 45mm or 52mm pertains to the mounting surface of the gauge. The outermost trim around the 45mm gauge is 49mm. If you measure the trim around the 52mm gauge, it's around 58mm or so. It has lots of extra material. Hope that makes sense.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
sorry i feel like a noob but i have a TSI and just bought this kit are you guys saying i should get the 42DD tap for it instead of using the one it comes with?

You're going to have to

The boost tap they include is for the FSI, so it won't work. And even if it did, it doesn't sound like a crappy tap anyways

42DD :thumbsup:

SlowNLow

MOAR LOW
You're going to have to

The boost tap they include is for the FSI, so it won't work. And even if it did, it doesn't sound like a crappy tap anyways

42DD :thumbsup:

crap
where can i get the 42DD tap? :thumbsup:
thanks for the info btw

SlowNLow

MOAR LOW
http://www.42draftdesigns.com/categories/products/mk5taps.htm

To be fair, this is only one of several solutions. BSH and several others make similar products. Search.

42draftdesigns.com

Or a few bucks cheaper & free shipping from ESEtuning.com:
http://www.esetuning.com/42-Draft-Designs-Boost-Gauge-Tap-p/42-120-021.htm

And yeah there are other boost taps, but some have other ports. I specifically only need a boost tap (1 port)...so that's why I went with it. Plus no hose clamps or caps or plugs or anything like that.

There's a AWE tap, New South tap, Forge, BSH, etc. for the TSI

thanks guys i appreciate it
the 42DD one looks good so im going to be getting that one:thumbsup: