GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CiM angled vent pod and electrical boost gauge for center vent. Who has one?

V2.0T

Ready to race!
The statement that a mechanical gauge is "more" accurate is bs. Dredknut, take a look at your "more accurate" mechanical gauge. How accurate is it when it has been off "0" since day one? It's because the calibration of mechanical gauges from the getgo or over time is horrible. Think about it. The more moving parts you have, the more you're prone to failure. A mechanical gauge is full of moving parts because it needs that pressure to give the needle a readout, not to mention the longer vacuum line you have to run. A longer line equates to a pressure loss. Not very big, but it's still there. Along that vacuum line also, you could have potential leaks due to a number of reasons. I'm sure electrical gauges have its possible problems as well, but they have yet to be heard of since they're still pretty new. With mechanical gauges we all know the problems that they have.

Dredknut

DSG Fart Fanatic
Car(s)
2007 GTI
The statement that a mechanical gauge is "more" accurate is bs. Dredknut, take a look at your "more accurate" mechanical gauge. How accurate is it when it has been off "0" since day one? It's because the calibration of mechanical gauges from the getgo or over time is horrible. Think about it. The more moving parts you have, the more you're prone to failure. A mechanical gauge is full of moving parts because it needs that pressure to give the needle a readout, not to mention the longer vacuum line you have to run. A longer line equates to a pressure loss. Not very big, but it's still there. Along that vacuum line also, you could have potential leaks due to a number of reasons. I'm sure electrical gauges have its possible problems as well, but they have yet to be heard of since they're still pretty new. With mechanical gauges we all know the problems that they have.

These are my thoughts as well, however I am not on here to argue. I was just curious why an electronic gauge might be less accurate than I thought, as I have never owned one.

V2.0T

Ready to race!
I'm not on here to argue either, but for someone to come on here and make false, inaccurate, or misleading statements is not cool. It's one thing not to like the location or the setup of the vent pod because that's just pure user preference, but to throw out garbage about a mechanical gauge > an electrical gauge without for sure knowing what you are talking about is asinine. Anyways, back on topic please!

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
they are both suitable in these applications. If the line is pressurized to a certain psi, its at that psi. The little bit of line you are running for either gauge is not an issue and yes its only a basic diagnostic tool but a very very helpful one. Both would need adjustments over time imo. There is still some mechanical parts to the electronic gauge on the interior, just fewer than a mechanical one. There is still a basic gear system to turn the needle.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
There wasn't an OEM boost gauge?!?! :iono:

So regardless, it's gonna stick out

No shit, that's why I bought a boost gauge. If it had one already I wouldn't have bought one.

My point obviously was that it looks like it could be an OEM component as it is colormatched properly, and doesn't stand out like the flashy EJ one or have mismatched colors like the VMR one. It looks like it could be a factory piece for the most part.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Sayz who? The EJ gauge is the one that reportedly is too bright. I've yet to read a SINGLE review claiming this CiM gauge is a poor match.

The bottom line is that if you don't like this product, don't buy it.

You seem to have a hair up your ass regarding this company/product.

Well thank you...I welcome the criticism

This JUST came out...so how many reviews can there be?!?!
You can certainly tell in the pictures that it is more blue than the purplish color of the stock lighting

PLEASE tell me & report to the forum how disappointed you are with it after you install it.
You get what you pay for :wink:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I'm not on here to argue either, but for someone to come on here and make false, inaccurate, or misleading statements is not cool. It's one thing not to like the location or the setup of the vent pod because that's just pure user preference, but to throw out garbage about a mechanical gauge > an electrical gauge without for sure knowing what you are talking about is asinine. Anyways, back on topic please!

Uh huh...call me out...I don't care

Yup...I'm making inaccurate statments: mechanical > electrical

So the mechanical might make noise...mine doesn't...but some say it does, it's gonna respond faster than an electrical is my point.

Plac backed this up...
Mechanical = straight to the gauge
Electrical = straight to a sender & then a gauge

Resetting to zero has nothing to do with the accuracy....well maybe just a little....but that's not what I meant.

Case in point.....the drive by wire on this car. How many people have asked/responded about this?!?!?
(there's a delay)

Enough said

If you wanna buy this gauge or the EJ setup or the Defi setup....I don't care.....

All I said was that the AWE one seemed/matched better & that ECS made a pod as well...THAT'S ALL

V2.0T

Ready to race!
This JUST came out...so how many reviews can there be?!?!
You can certainly tell in the pictures that it is more blue than the purplish color of the stock lighting

PLEASE tell me & report to the forum how disappointed you are with it after you install it.
You get what you pay for :wink:

I already reported to you guys about the colormatch. Not sure what more you want. If my camera didn't brake, I'd take more pics for you. The one I got can clearly show you the spot on match. Also, another member posted a pic as well.

I am 100% happy with this product.

Location of the gauge and the operaton is perfect.

Colormatch is spot on!!!!

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
There is no reason to believe an electronic sender will be any more or less accurate than mechanical gauge. This "mechanical->electrical->mechanical induces poor accuracy" argument is pretty silly. I guess my point here is that there is no evidence to suggest that an electronic gauge setup like this is any less accurate or has any more delay than a mechanical setup. (I'd love for someone to post or link to real evidence that says otherwise.)

In fact I might argue that having a shorter section of tubing between the manifold and the sender (such as with this CiM kit) would yield faster response at the gauge because there is a smaller volume of air in the tube.. much like how the noise-pipe robs throttle response. (Although admittedly on a much smaller scale.)