GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CiM angled vent pod and electrical boost gauge for center vent. Who has one?

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Thanks for all the info, guys. I just got mine last night and hope to be installing it within the next few days. Fortunately mine came with 9 pages of photos and instructions. We'll see how it goes...it'll be my first time installing a gauge.

I'll add my experiences to this thread at that time, and I might well take you up on that offer for installation help/ info, vegas!

Dredknut

DSG Fart Fanatic
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Thanks for all the info, guys. I just got mine last night and hope to be installing it within the next few days. Fortunately mine came with 9 pages of photos and instructions. We'll see how it goes...it'll be my first time installing a gauge.

I'll add my experiences to this thread at that time, and I might well take you up on that offer for installation help/ info, vegas!

Pretty please post up some pics of the front/back of the pod and gauge? :biggrin:

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Pretty please post up some pics of the front/back of the pod and gauge? :biggrin:

I'll try to figure out how to make that happen tomorrow...

In the meantime: The gauge and the vent seem totally fused together in any case. I don't see how you could separate them without using some serious force and probably breaking something.

The gauge looks rather small in person and is slightly angled to the driver, and the bottom is nicely flush with the bottom of the vent. Seems like it will look pretty low key and practically OEM, except for the questionable slanty "BOOST" font.

Also, there are two bolts on the back, one labeled OK and the other labeled 12V. There are also 2 plugs in the back. One has 3 pins and the other has 4 pins.

Dunno what any of this means yet as I haven't had time to scrutinize the instructions, but at least parts are clearly labeled and the gauge seems reasonably high quality with no glaring flaws.

Dredknut

DSG Fart Fanatic
Car(s)
2007 GTI

In the meantime: The gauge and the vent seem totally fused together in any case. I don't see how you could separate them without using some serious force and probably breaking something.

The gauge looks rather small in person and is slightly angled to the driver, and the bottom is nicely flush with the bottom of the vent. Seems like it will look pretty low key and practically OEM, except for the questionable slanty "BOOST" font.

Also, there are two bolts on the back, one labeled OK and the other labeled 12V. There are also 2 plugs in the back. One has 3 pins and the other has 4 pins.

Dunno what any of this means yet as I haven't had time to scrutinize the instructions, but at least parts are clearly labeled and the gauge seems reasonably high quality with no glaring flaws.

Hmmm... Thats what I was afraid of given that the gauge itself has no "lip" on the face. This is why I was curious how it mounted in the pod...

CiM does sell the pod and gauge separately, I wonder how the gauge could be mounted in another pod? I think I'll have to get in touch with them for an answer.

Dredknut

DSG Fart Fanatic
Car(s)
2007 GTI
What setup are you running now and why do you want to switch?

I run the AWE setup, however since day 1 the needle on my gauge has never sat right on "0".

I figured this setup would be a good opportunity to replace that gauge with a nicer electronic setup. The catch is, I'd like to keep AWE's pod and mounting location, but adapt it to fit this gauge. :wink:

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion

There is one port for the power and one for the sending unit. Im not sure if your using a boost tap or planning on a T splice, either way you have two options. You can get some more vacuum hosing, a couple feet very cheap, and run the little black sending unit under the dash. This would look cleaner than mounting the unit in front of the Battery box imo. Or just use the supplied hose and run the sending unit wire. GL.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

eROCK

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 GTI 4 door
I run the AWE setup, however since day 1 the needle on my gauge has never sat right on "0".

I figured this setup would be a good opportunity to replace that gauge with a nicer electronic setup. The catch is, I'd like to keep AWE's pod and mounting location, but adapt it to fit this gauge. :wink:

If you get this to work, let us know. I'd be very interested in this setup.

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
E-mail the customer service e-mail for Concepts in Motion and request install instructions.

They give you a detailed PDF file via e-mail when you purchase.

I missed mine in my inbox (saw it later) however they sent another within 30 or so minutes of requesting it.

CIM pm'd me and is emailing what I need si I will just compare notes. Sorry to clutter the CIM thread so I will end it here. Thanks guys.

I emailed their sales address requesting a copy of this PDF the other day.. no response as of today. Anybody got a copy they'd be willing to email me? PM me and I'll get you my address.

I haven't bought this kit, but I am seriously considering it and would like to know what's involved.

2wdBlazer

Ready to race!
I emailed their sales address requesting a copy of this PDF the other day.. no response as of today. Anybody got a copy they'd be willing to email me? PM me and I'll get you my address.

I haven't bought this kit, but I am seriously considering it and would like to know what's involved.

He sent me a very nice PDF file with lots of pictures. I can email it to anyone interested. I had yo upgrade to Adobe 9.0 or whatever to read it though. My older version had errors.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Last edited: