GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

400whp in our gtis?

palerider

Passed Driver's Ed
This is probably an idiot question. But how many guys are making 400 in this community?

Im trying to get a comparison for my Mazdaspeed. and im not trying to be a dick either. i friggin love my GTI amd often ask myself if i made a mistake with the one i pursued all out.

anyway...i havent read as much here lately, and im looking for some general info for comparison. what is the limit of the platform at this point? where are the gtis all stuck?
thanks guys... eduacate me:)

James G

Spool makes me drool.
Car(s)
'06 CW GTI 3DR
I think theres a fair few running similar setups to your mazdaspeed, i know theres a 600+whp GTI, theres a couple of 450+whp ones and 1 or 2 500ish set-ups...

and quite a lot of mid> 300whp's (k04 kits, GT28etc)

palerider

Passed Driver's Ed
the 600 whp usp gti.... whats the deal with that thing? why arent other guys pursuing it? ive only heard of that one.

and so theres some in the 400s. whats the next holdup. is anybody talking about port injection? i know at one time i thought i heard that usp was going to be pursuing PI instead of their boost a pump project. where does it all stand?

im currently working with Darrell Cox Racing on my mazdaspeed and we are going to incorporate port injection on our platform. im just curoius where the direct injection is really running out on the vws.

i love my vdub, and i dont think our community follows our much larger community, direct injection, big brother platform close enough.

palerider

Passed Driver's Ed
What kind of numbers is your speed3 making, 400 im guessing?

best dyno ive had is 366whp... but that was before i busted a second dam forged motor. ive been pushing the mazda platform more than anybody, and my car has been down for 13 out of the last 16 months.

the last go around i know i was in the 400s, but we didnt get it on the dyno before the motor started knocking again. its been shut down ever since and i went with a new sponsor. im hoping for numbers in september... but i must say....

i really dont give a shit anymore.

im tempted to Ko4 my gti and call iit a day. i get 10 more compliments for my wabbit, then i ever did the zoom zoom boom.

GolfRS

Banned
best dyno ive had is 366whp... but that was before i busted a second dam forged motor. ive been pushing the mazda platform more than anybody, and my car has been down for 13 out of the last 16 months.

the last go around i know i was in the 400s, but we didnt get it on the dyno before the motor started knocking again. its been shut down ever since and i went with a new sponsor. im hoping for numbers in september... but i must say....

im tempted to Ko4 my gti and call iit a day. i get 10 more compliments for my wabbit, then i ever did the zoom zoom boom.

Just do the K04 and you'll eat MS3's for break fast...

Even you own.... :bellyroll:

James G

Spool makes me drool.
Car(s)
'06 CW GTI 3DR
GT35.

rebuild the motor

Meth

Full bolt on's

Wind up the boost to 30

500+ whp :biggrin:

boki

Ready to race!
Or go with APR stage 3 and call it a day - are you 08.5 TSI or TFSI? I heard their Stage 3 for the TSI is cheaper and puts out some crazy good numbers (370HP at the crank?). Also check out BSH GT30 upgrade kit with tubular exhaust manifold - pure sex.

MasterGunnZ

The sex
Car(s)
GTI
the 600 whp usp gti.... whats the deal with that thing? why arent other guys pursuing it? ive only heard of that one.

and so theres some in the 400s. whats the next holdup. is anybody talking about port injection? i know at one time i thought i heard that usp was going to be pursuing PI instead of their boost a pump project. where does it all stand?

im currently working with Darrell Cox Racing on my mazdaspeed and we are going to incorporate port injection on our platform. im just curoius where the direct injection is really running out on the vws.

i love my vdub, and i dont think our community follows our much larger community, direct injection, big brother platform close enough.

There's a whole story to that "600whp" gti...... (notice how I quoted the 600whp part)

David

Flyn high
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI 6MT
There's a whole story to that "600whp" gti...... (notice how I quoted the 600whp part)

x2 cris and greg got alot up there sleeve. last time i went to the shop he was very secretive about what it took to get there, but i got to give it to them they know there shit.

VBMikeP

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2 door GTI

Well it sure wont take a gt35 on the gti to make the same kind of numbers as the speed3. I'd say start building up the gti and work your way towards put on a bt.

James G

Spool makes me drool.
Car(s)
'06 CW GTI 3DR

x2 cris and greg got alot up there sleeve. last time i went to the shop he was very secretive about what it took to get there, but i got to give it to them they know there shit.

Haha dude, i don't think you read what you quoted... he was suggesting that the "600whp" might be ficticious... and you agreed with a completely conflicting theory :biggrin:

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
Slap a GT30 on it, tune it with Meth.

If you really want a dyno queen, and not so much of an actual performance queen, then use a GT35

I say that, because the GT35 spools even later, and the GT30 is a perfect fit for these cars :wink: