GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

On Ebay 285 coilover system

ObeyMyFast!

^Who I am...What I say->
^ same here... no endlinks, and I have like 8-10k miles on em. No problems whatsoever

Deutsch

Ready to race!
I would take the endlink completely off so it's not hanging down hitting random things. But some people don't even have a front sway bar if they are super low. So you'll be fine, but might notice some understeer I think? Maybe it's oversteer. I can't remember.

could I just disconnect the rods and leave the FSB on?

ObeyMyFast!

^Who I am...What I say->
Looking at the V2, it looks like they have a different connection. It does look a little thicker but I have never seen the V1 in person.
Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics....

thoughts?

is it just me, or do these look like they go lower than the first version? :iono:

Electricalbox

OMG CAT FTW!
For now yes. You may hear an occasional grind when the sway bar hits the axle though.

Why not just utilize a zip tie and keep it out of the way if people are going to run it like this...

Seriously, what is up with people not running end links. Don't be cheap and suffer body roll, either take the shocks to a welder and spend 20 dollars/ run them until they break/ buy adjustable end links and get a little less body roll than stock.

Holy jeez this forum is so form over function based it is insane people. I know the FWD platform doesn't utilize the front bar as much as RWD, but still it functions to help drive quality.

nickbeezy

i had the tab on my coilovers snap a while back and since then i have got them fixed and over the weekend i installed the ksport adjustable endlinks and now the swaybar doesnt hit anymore :thumbsup:

this

replaced with new strut that is modified

then new endlinks

DIY Endlinks anyone? I've been looking for some time, and I'd imagine that its not very hard to piece some together from a hardware store. Looks like just two eyelet hoops with female ends, a double threaded connector between them, and some type of pivotal piece in the eyelet with a bolt through it to secure each end. I have a CNC, lathe and drill press at my disposal...does anything think they'd be interested in adjustable endlinks, for much cheaper than Ksports or others?

-FF

Electricalbox

OMG CAT FTW!
DIY Endlinks anyone? I've been looking for some time, and I'd imagine that its not very hard to piece some together from a hardware store. Looks like just two eyelet hoops with female ends, a double threaded connector between them, and some type of pivotal piece in the eyelet with a bolt through it to secure each end. I have a CNC, lathe and drill press at my disposal...does anything think they'd be interested in adjustable endlinks, for much cheaper than Ksports or others?

-FF

Thought about it before, but I figured I wouldn't get into it until I got a aftermarket RSB...here is an example of a decent DIY.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/do-yourself-articles/71184-diy-heavy-duty-rear-swaybar-end-links.html

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
sucks another endlink bit the dust, they really need to beef that up,

put a suspension in a MKVI for the first time this weekend, took out a good chunk of space. lol