GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for an M Coupe/dream car:

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Ok. So I've always wanted a car that I could garage and keep the miles low on. My keeper if you will. Over the years I've had a few in mind that I'd like to still own 30 years from now or whatever. As of late, it's been the 2001-2002 BMW M Coupe with over 300hp. 0-60 in this RWD is 4.8 to 5 seconds. I can still remember where I was the first time I seen one. And now that it's about 8 years old, it still looks timeless/ageless to me. There were only something like 691 of them made from 2001-02 with the new (at the time) M engine. So it's a pretty limited car as far as that goes. Anyway...my other half likes it and gave me the ho ahead to buy one, so long as I keep the 08 Outback too.

Downside: Now that I've got the go ahead to buy one, I've sent emails out to a couple of people that are original owners with low stock miles. Problem is that I haven't heard back yet. I'm hoping that's because of the Easter holiday weekend and all. Guess we'll see if I hear something today or not. If not I may have to start emailing others. But I'd much rather hear from my first two choices.

Also. If anyone else knows of where I can get a low miles one please post up an contact. Later.

May sound weird...but I wanna have that car to be my car I drove to classic car gtg or whatnot. I can't stop thinking about it.

Obligatory pics:

Attachments

• 1998-bmw-m-coupe-16_800x0w.jpg
    1998-bmw-m-coupe-16_800x0w.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 508
  • 1998-bmw-m-coupe-8_800x0w.jpg
    1998-bmw-m-coupe-8_800x0w.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 486
  • 1998-bmw-m-coupe-11_800x0w.jpg
    1998-bmw-m-coupe-11_800x0w.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 508
  • 1998-bmw-m-coupe-23_800x0w.jpg
    1998-bmw-m-coupe-23_800x0w.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 555
  • 1998-bmw-m-coupe-9_800x0w.jpg
    1998-bmw-m-coupe-9_800x0w.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 490

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
^^^Yep. All the more reason to get one and hold onto it. I'm not sure why they x'd that car and started making the Z3 and Z4's instead. I think the M Coupe looks nicer than them both.

I'm sure I'm probably getting ahead of myself and over excited. And I may end up not getting one if I don't hear from either of the two I contacted. I'm just excited at the possibility. But I have to make sure I don't settle and buy a high mile one just for the sake of owning one. It's one of those things that's gotta be done right, if you're going to do it. Needs to be bone stock, low miles, slightly older owner, etc, etc. I wouldn't buy one that was modded in any way.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
Yea, there was one just like that for sale here in STL. It was blue with like 60k miles or so on it (which is good considering its year).

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
I see them fairly often (aside from one I see every day) and am also obsessed with the car. Last time I was searching I found great results on cars.com. The owners have created something of a cartel to control the prices of the cars. You're going to be spending $30-35K+ for a prime example in the condition you describe. When I was looking last year they were the same price as a used 2007 M coupe.

Here are the results from my 2 min search: linky!

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the link. My target range is trying to keep the miles around 35k or less for around $25k.

No replies to my emails as of yet.

PureDrive

Go Kart Champion
One of my all-time favorite cars. Whenever I change cars, I look around to see if there are any low-mileage, well taken care of examples in the area, in my price range, at a dealership (so I could trade my current car in). The last time I actually drove one was a few years ago now, but I still remember it perfectly..........I love that car............

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
That one is GORGEOUS.

I see it a little different. I like the upgraded audio and all, and would probably even enjoy it more so....but in the long run I think I'd prefer a stock one over it. Stock and untouched is the way to go with a limited production icon. Not to mention, did you check out the speaker install pics? Looks like he cut out the plastic around the speakers with an exacto (sp?) knife. It's pretty zig zagged and uneven. Other than that, of course it looks beautiful.

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
I see it a little different. I like the upgraded audio and all, and would probably even enjoy it more so....but in the long run I think I'd prefer a stock one over it. Stock and untouched is the way to go with a limited production icon. Not to mention, did you check out the speaker install pics? Looks like he cut out the plastic around the speakers with an exacto (sp?) knife. It's pretty zig zagged and uneven. Other than that, of course it looks beautiful.

Ah, I didn't even notice that. I only looked at the big pictures of the exterior. I would hold out for a stock car fo sho.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Update: Just got my second emails replied to earlier today...the cars I was looking into have been sold already. :frown:

I'll just keep lookin' I guess.

BlueWabbit

back being low.
Car(s)
2008 VW Rabbit
Man that sucks Kirk, good luck with your search man. My buddy down in Irvine actually got a hold of a black one, I don't know the details of it but it looks to be in decent condition. I've maybe seen 2 of them on the road and man those would be a blast to drive.