GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question about monster mats

bonton

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'06 GTI
I bought an 06 and had the rubber mats thrown in. They attach to the floor with some tabs that turn and lock. I bought an 09 yesterday and just transfered my mats over to the new car...the attachment system in the 09 just seems to be a short post that the mat snaps on to. My mats were made for the old system and don't snap, instead they just loosely sit on the post, as the fittings aren't there to clip. So my question is; is there an insert that can be fitted onto the mat to make them snap onto the 09's mat attachments?

Thanks, Josh

Voices Off Camera

Ready to race!
As far as I know there is an oval and a round retainer system. My 08 has the round system .... maybe your 09 has the same. It might be that your old mats have the oval system.

I always thought the dealer would trade out the original mats for monster mats per request when you bought it. Might be worth a try.

slickvic

I scare other drivers
Monster Mat adapter

I bought an 06 with oval post Monster mats so my question is; is there an insert that can be fitted onto the '06 style mat to make them snap onto the 09's mat round posts?

Thanks, Josh

No, not that any of us have heard of. You may have to sell your mats and buy a set of round post style mats for your '09. :thumbsup:

slickvic

I scare other drivers
yes you can buy the conversion clips to go from oval to round. Check the dealer.

Like the dealer is going to manufacture floor mat converters for the 10 or so customers who will request it? I doubt it.

Seriously, there just isnt that kind of demand to warrant it. :23:

P.S. If I am wrong, I will deny ever posting this. (But I'm probably not)

Diabel

2007 GTI, PK 2, DSG, CW
Just return them and buy with the lock. Mine sit on top of the stock once, so I don't really care what kind they are. It makes the car to keep cleaner.

Graubart

Ready to race!
My dealer threw in the mats when I bought the car, but had to order them. Of course, they came with the wrong tabs. He ordered a new set of the correct tabs and had them sent to me. Easy to install. If you need a set of the post type tabs, I have an extra set I am not using, ;>). I'd be happy to send them to you if you pay the postage.

D0rk

MOAR POWAR
Car(s)
2007 Volkswagen GTI
Like the dealer is going to manufacture floor mat converters for the 10 or so customers who will request it? I doubt it.

You can find the part numbers and order just the clip inserts in the style you need.

It's been done many times before. They likely won't have them sitting in the back unless the department sees it a lot, but the parts exist. They just snap in and out of the mats.

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
So my question is; is there an insert that can be fitted onto the mat to make them snap onto the 09's mat attachments?

Thanks, Josh

OF COURSE DON'T LISTEN TO SOME OF THESE PEOPLE.

06-07.5 has the twist retainers for monster mats like u are use too...then 07.5 on has the snap on, you can purchase it from the dealer for like under $10, the replacement tabs for your monster mat so they can snap in place.

call your VW parts dept.

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG

DO YOU OWN AN MKV? You better start denying!!! LOL

read my post above and the one above that responding to you :thumbsup:

bonton

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'06 GTI

Dag! you were wrong, but you never posted to the contrary. The hole conversion parts are on back order at least at my dealer. But there IS such a kit.

Josh

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
Hahaha. Agreed. Mighty quiet in the "peanut gallery". LOL