GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sad day: auto body shops in PDX?

djm1968

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello,

Sad to say, but I got rear ended last night (sitting at a red light). Car that hit me was doing about 40 - 45 mph. 70 yr old lady in, get this, a 1963-ish VW square back wagon. Did not even hit the brakes -- back of my poor GTI provided the stopping power. Ouch.

The car has some pretty serious damage but the insurance adjuster needs to have it brought to a shop to fully evaluate the damage and determine if the car should be totaled or not.

So, question to you folks: what shop in the Portland Oregon area would you suggest I take the car to?

Thanks,
DJM

crabpot

Awesomesauce
Please make sure you get evaluated by a medical professional ASAP, while you might feel ok right now, this stuff gets worse over time. It's better to have it documented right after the accident in case of future medical issues related to it.

I would cross your fingers and hope that it's totaled, that kind of collision at that speed is no good.

Can't help you on the Oregon body shops though, hopefully someone from OR can chime in. treedub runs a shop up in Washington, he might know some good shops down there as well.

So sorry to hear about your car, that sucks.

treedub

Oversight
Car(s)
MKV R32
Broadway Body & Paint 503.280.1983

Highly regarded shop in your area.... Tell 'em you heard about it from Justin @ Fosters.

djm1968

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the input!

I went to my doc today to get evaluated and document things just in-case something get worse. Mostly I am just sore...for now.

I also hope they total the car -- the tail gate is wasted, the rear suspenion is bent, passenger and drivers doors are not aligned, the hood does not align; then there is the front end damage from being pushed into the Mustang in front of me -- slightly bent hood, lots of broken plastic, etc.

Cheers,
DJM

Please make sure you get evaluated by a medical professional ASAP, while you might feel ok right now, this stuff gets worse over time. It's better to have it documented right after the accident in case of future medical issues related to it.

I would cross your fingers and hope that it's totaled, that kind of collision at that speed is no good.

Can't help you on the Oregon body shops though, hopefully someone from OR can chime in. treedub runs a shop up in Washington, he might know some good shops down there as well.

So sorry to hear about your car, that sucks.

PyroBob

I'm in.
Car(s)
.:R 32
Treedub will have to speak up for sure, but it seems like the only thing they are totaling for right now is a bent frame...very tight fisted insurance companies right now.

A real bummer for sure man...I guess my day wasn't so bad after all.

treedub

Oversight
Car(s)
MKV R32
Insurance companies are totalling everything right now... they can make their money back at salvage that way, without the expense of repair, file handling, and rentals.

djm1968

Passed Driver's Ed
Insurance companies are totalling everything right now... they can make their money back at salvage that way, without the expense of repair, file handling, and rentals.

I appreciate the input. Adjuster was at my home yesterday and spent like 2 hours going over the car. I showed him that he hood, driver and passengers doors are out of alignment -- especially the drivers door which is open about 1/4" on its own. The hatch and the hatch opening are totally waster -- the hatch opening is really sturdy and it is bent is several directions. Right rear suspension is bent and driven into the body work. Having said all that, the adjust still feels the car needs to be evaluated at a shop....

Cheers,
DJM