GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PSA for those who want to see GolfMKV in a more family oriented way

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
We have received a few complaints here and there saying that GolfMKV has some inappropriate material. Perhaps this is due to the policy of where they're viewing the internet, or their own personal beliefs. We respect your concern, and if you are one of these people, then you can disable the signatures and avatars by EDITING THEIR OPTIONS. About half way down the page, you will see a screen like this, and simply uncheck the "Show Signatures" and "Show Avatars" buttons. Then, click on the "Save Settings" button at the bottom of the page.

For those who have issues with profanity, one option is to use a profanity filter, such as this one. I am not recommending this filter by any means, just saying that this is one filter out there. With this filter added, it will replace a majority of the profanity words with "***". You can also add or remove words as you see fit.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/4175

Here is a sample of GolfMKV, viewed with the filter enabled.

Msteadman

Go Kart Champion
Totally OT, but I just :lol: majorly at the three "sample" posts above. :bellyroll:

Good to know these options are available. :thumbsup:

Nikerey

Darkness
I dont agree with this approach to the problem. Its very much like cutting off your arm because you got a paper cut.

By turning off Avatars and Sigs your getting rid every avatar and sig when only 20-30% are the problem.

Msteadman

Go Kart Champion
^True.

Curious, is (or was) there anything saying that this site is family/work/whatever friendly in the first place?

I ask because in another forum I'm a member of (previous car) that is strictly stated. Therefore if anyone use profanity, nudity, etc. it's in direct violation of the forum rules. However I've never seen anything like that stated concerning Golfmkv (other than for actual nudity only), so I don't understand the complaints.

Not the best analogy, but it's like turning on HBO - middle of the day and you get something like "Happy Feet" middle of the night and you get something like "Real Sex".
That's just the reality of it and HBO doesn't claim to be family friendly, so take it or leave it.

bcze1

You people make me laugh
I dont agree with this approach to the problem. Its very much like cutting off your arm because you got a paper cut.

By turning off Avatars and Sigs your getting rid every avatar and sig when only 20-30% are the problem.

So what? Its not as if avs & sigs are essential to anything. Besides, the other alternative is for this forum to be run like Vortex...no thanks.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus

Well, it has been discussed between the staff, and although we can't please everyone, we feel that the current rules (for now) is the best way. It allows people the freedom to express themselves, while still accommodating those who want a more conservative forum (for whatever reason).

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
^True.

Curious, is (or was) there anything saying that this site is family/work/whatever friendly in the first place?

I ask because in another forum I'm a member of (previous car) that is strictly stated. Therefore if anyone use profanity, nudity, etc. it's in direct violation of the forum rules. However I've never seen anything like that stated concerning Golfmkv (other than for actual nudity only), so I don't understand the complaints.

At this point, we do not feel that such a strictness is appropriate for this forum. However, even though profanity is allowed, it must be used in moderation. if every other word is a cuss word on every post, then that's over the line.

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
Car(s)
2007 GTI UG 5 Door
I'm Mike Mayo, and I approve this message.

Msteadman

Go Kart Champion
At this point, we do not feel that such a strictness is appropriate for this forum. However, even though profanity is allowed, it must be used in moderation. if every other word is a cuss word on every post, then that's over the line.

Gotcha :thumbsup:

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
Kind of OT but at the same time relevant. I know that a lot of forums have upgraded memberships to allow them to use certain parts of the forums. It would be beneficial for the forum itself to get some extra cash, and im sure that alot of us veteran members would not mind donating like 10 bucks or something for some kind of special privileges.

Also, on TriStateTuners.com they have an option just like you guys created that says something on the lines of "show garbage bin", which is a special off topic forum where you can essentially post anything you want.

The option allows people who are against things like nudity and basically anything NWS a way to filter it out of the forum.

Kjyuan

blinded conserving racer
hmm that sucks ya hopefully the profanity and rudeness gets cleaned up