GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Add yourself to the MK5 map !!

MK5Irl

Hi and help. mk 5 2007 tappet noise when accelerating

Hi and thanks for letting me in here its a great site and well done. Im in Dublin.
I noticed recently that while excelerating up the gears with the window open a tappet or cam sound.
Not sure yet but have car a year an reading this i need to look at the cam follower.
Is this a cam shaft issue or something.
No lights on but lsst code said carbon build up in manifold and fuel mixture too lean.

Thanks

!!!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!!!

I own an 06 gti fsi and i first got it running smooth at about 108k nothing wrong with it besides wheel spindle.100% stock. the car has been serviced properly thru the 2 previous owners. at about 115k i blew #2 coil pack. and I've gotten a boat load of problems since then. Spark plugs, cam follower, fuel pressure sensor, maf, air filter, dv valve, etc. you name it i did probably did it. So now that i have no more check engine lights. Im very unhappy with the way the performance is as its not the same as when i first got it. Again no cel. there just seems to be a lag of power. Theres just no pull and it feels like I'm driving a dam civic. turbo does spool normally. MPG is terrible maxing out 16 city 18 highway. I don't know whether or not i have a boost leak or if i have to get injectors serviced or if i have to get it re tuned. i am broke right now and i can't get a diagnoses done at the moment. Any ideas would be helpful!!