GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Philippines GTI MKV Owners

Mataleao9380

Ready to race!
my dad ask me to go school in baguio, i said if he can sent my gti, i would go.. find out later the tax is going to be really high... i know the governor's niece from pagasinan, she said she would help me to ship any car to the philippines because she knows the owner of the shipping company... but i kinda made a lil drama with her and now, i can't contact her.. lol

I was born and raised in Baguio City and my mom's family is from Pangasinan. I drive a 6mt MKV GTI, and i doubt it would hold up to the abuse of driving anywhere in the Philippines.

Don't get me wrong, I love the shit out of my car but to be in a place where it can't be serviced is quite a risk. So far I've had:
1. PCV replaced
2. DV replaced
3. Intake flapper motor replaced twice
4. Low pressure fuel sensor
5. AC bits
6. Timing belt at 18k due to squeak.

On a side note: I went home about 7 years ago and driving there is f@#ing insane!! I'd be too paranoid bout my gti.

Last edited:

GTI4John74

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I was born and raised in Baguio City and my mom's family is from Pangasinan. I drive a 6mt MKV GTI, and i doubt it would hold up to the abuse of driving anywhere in the Philippines.

Don't get me wrong, I love the shit out of my car but to be in a place where it can't be serviced is quite a risk. So far I've had:
1. PCV replaced
2. DV replaced
3. Intake flapper motor replaced twice
4. Low pressure fuel sensor
5. AC bits
6. Timing belt at 18k due to squeak.

On a side note: I went home about 7 years ago and driving there is f@#ing insane!! I'd be too paranoid bout my gti.

got that right...traffic there is insane, Dagupan City traffic in Pangasinan is nasty, even more crazy in Manila, bumper to bumper...gas price over there is way high.

Born in Manila, raised in Pangasinan, moved to Canada. Love everything about the car, but too bad Philippines can't afford to have GTI's over there..only old beetles.

f_399

07 GTI and 06 Passat
you would be surprised, here is a cruise my friend went on back home:
tagaytay

TablaRasa

Ready to race!
tagaytay

Yah but these are only exclusive to the people with money over there not to an average joe (filipino). Dead give away is that it is in tagaytay....a lot people with either money or connects....Wowowee Willy has an R8 as 1 of his I don't know 10 other cars.

knoxvillezzz

My danah
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG
tagaytay

Damn you guys must be loaded back home.. lol.. I love a tagaytay drives/cruise.. especially after an overnight swimming in PANSOL, LAGUNA.. nice picture guys.. what was your first car sa pinas? Mine was a 1981MITSUBISHI LANCER BOXTYPE..

jtec10

Im a manila based watercooler. i use to own a 92 US Cabriolet and a mk3 gli from europe. now im driving a mk1 campaign gti and a mk2 golf driver, all european models. theres a mk5 farenheit gti here which was sold 3 years ago from the gray market at around 2.3mill, i guess thats the reason why VWs doesnt get the attention of filipino auto buyers. there are more mk4 r32s here than all of the mk5 and mk6 models combined. some of us get together once or twice a year only to share knowledge about the cars. forming a formal club is out of the question. we dont want politics involved with our good relationship with each other. :)

GTI4John74

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Im a manila based watercooler. i use to own a 92 US Cabriolet and a mk3 gli from europe. now im driving a mk1 campaign gti and a mk2 golf driver, all european models. theres a mk5 farenheit gti here which was sold 3 years ago from the gray market at around 2.3mill, i guess thats the reason why VWs doesnt get the attention of filipino auto buyers. there are more mk4 r32s here than all of the mk5 and mk6 models combined. some of us get together once or twice a year only to share knowledge about the cars. forming a formal club is out of the question. we dont want politics involved with our good relationship with each other. :)

any pics? :wub:

TablaRasa

Ready to race!

I would like to see some pics! any chance of an MKV r32 over there?

TablaRasa

Ready to race!
The next time I go back, I am definitely stopping by Tagaytay!

GTIMKVFAST08

schmoser boser....
Car(s)
08 BMP GTI
u guys make good 1911's :thumbsup: