GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ed30 stuff

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Just a little update... when my car was repaired after my accident I put on a red-stitched ed30 handbrake cover. Looked really smart, so I went and got the ed30 DSG shifter from parts4euro ebay store... fitted it last night, I'm quite pleased with the way it's all come out :wink:

Flash of red really does wonders for the interior.

cmdrfire

How do you like the golf ball shift knob?

I wasn't sure I would like it, but I actually prefer it over the original shiftknob now. The colourmatch is better, the leather is higher quality and software, and the golfball effect is really growing on me. Really think it finishes off the interior! :happyanim:

a4cefed

Go Kart Champion
looks good, anyone know who makes a shift boot with red stitching for a dsg ?? I will not pay for the ED30.

cmdrfire

Which aluminium piece is that? The shifter surround? Yes, it does, it's the entire assembly including the plastic baseplate, the P-R-N-D-S with electronics, etc.

krayzie

Go Kart Champion
Hey cmdfire do you know if the leather sides of the DSG knob or the boot can be removed and replaced readily? The reason being I want the dimple knob but my original DSG boot has orange stitching on it (as opposed to red).

BTW how do you remove the DSG knob? I know how to lift up the boot / rim part with a trim tool just don't know how to remove the knob itself. Thanks!

cmdrfire

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Hey cmdfire do you know if the leather sides of the DSG knob or the boot can be removed and replaced readily? The reason being I want the dimple knob but my original DSG boot has orange stitching on it (as opposed to red).

BTW how do you remove the DSG knob? I know how to lift up the boot / rim part with a trim tool just don't know how to remove the knob itself. Thanks!

To remove the DSG shifter assembly: Put it in N, pull the plastic piece up, disconnect the cable, open up a couple of clips so that the plastic retainer thingy can slide up, and then yank really hard :biggrin: the entire assembly comes out. Remember not to have your finger on the "trigger" button!
The boot itself is gonna be difficult... at the bottom it's held around the plastic thing by staples :iono: so you can open them up and remove the boot from underneath and then restaple the new one... but on the top it's held on by that round metal piece and i don't know how to remove that, as it looks like it's all one piece. That you'll have to figure out yourself :iono: