GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bunch of easter eggs...........

AlowisiousGTI

Ready to race!
Well.. Xenon's and Bi-Xenons are diff.. the Bi-Xenons work for both low beam and high beam.. regulare Xenon's (non Bi-Xenons) are only low beam. But yes, im pretty sure that all us models are Bi-Xenon.

All US models are Bi-Xenon.

Anyone have a link to the Xenon Fogs?

Athfar

I've noticed that when changing lanes, you don't have to press the turn signal stalk all the way down or up (where it clicks into place). If you just bump it, the turn signal will flash for about 3 seconds. Doing this prevents you from accidently leaving the blinker on while driving (which most people hate).

I guess the only reason to "click" the turn signal would be if you were stopped and turning.
Cars have been like this for years now. It did it in the MKIII :wink: My 95 chevy blazer did it. :iono:

The one thing about the new VWs is the blinker stays on for like a couple seconds after you hit the signal turn. Which I guess is neat but what if you make a oopsie?

-mission-

Direkt Schalt Getriebe
Car(s)
MY07 Golf GTI
This is just a re-hash of the codes in the other doc ... a little google translation could help, but still much is a mystery. :frown:

- M -

Attachments

• vwCODES.pdf
    68.6 KB · Views: 4,588

Froster

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm guessing this is a DSG-only characteristic. I heel-toe quite a bit w/ my 6-speed. Even with the brake pedal fully depressed, I still have full function of engine speed through the accelerator pedal.

Its time dependent. Heel-toe will work, but pressing both at the same time for more than a couple seconds supposedly does not.

FastMatt

Car(s)
2000 Volkswagen Golf
Easter Eggs on Rabbit?

Will these Easter Eggs work on the MkV Rabbit (US) 4-Door models? Is there a way to turn these Eggs 'on' with Vag Cam?

I'm looking to buying an 07 Rabbit this year, (can't afford the GTI - sad I know) and was curious if some of these eggs would work. I know the sunroof closing won't work due to the fact that the Rabbit doesn't have the option of rain sensor.

GarDian

Stop.. No go...

Pressing the brake (sufficient to light the brake lights) at the same time as the accelerator causes the ECU to ignore the accelerator input. This demonstrates the Drive by Wire system

This doesn't seem to be the same on my car. I can still rev the engine when the brake is depressed. I have a 07 CW GTI with DSG and I am from Canada.

Fuzzbear

Fat bastard
Car(s)
07 VW GTI
This doesn't seem to be the same on my car. I can still rev the engine when the brake is depressed. I have a 07 CW GTI with DSG and I am from Canada.

More than a couple seconds? Mine will rev up for a bit then drop down unless i turn ESP off and put it in S mode ...... Launch Control.

KoZmiK

You have to be moving for this to work.

It works on my car with the 6spd. Just driving along in 1st gear one day in a parking lot, drive slowly, then depress the brake slightly, then try pressing on the accelerator again while still pushing on the brake.

It should work.

Its actually pretty funny.

grasshopper

Frankie Says Reflex
Car(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
I've noticed that when changing lanes, you don't have to press the turn signal stalk all the way down or up (where it clicks into place). If you just bump it, the turn signal will flash for about 3 seconds. Doing this prevents you from accidently leaving the blinker on while driving (which most people hate).

I guess the only reason to "click" the turn signal would be if you were stopped and turning.
I don't know if this is news to anyone but I discovered a couple quirks to the comfort signal that are kinda handy:

1. If you hold the comfort signal without releasing it, it will continue to blink until you release it.

2. Every time you press the comfort signal it resets the counter and continues without interrupting the interval. Press it again after one blink, you'll get four total, etc.

I've found it useful when making long, slow lane changes 'cos I like my signal to remain on until I've stopped moving over. And, I like the whole comfort signal thing 'cos it saves wear-and-tear on the the stalk.

GarDian

You have to be moving for this to work.

It works on my car with the 6spd. Just driving along in 1st gear one day in a parking lot, drive slowly, then depress the brake slightly, then try pressing on the accelerator again while still pushing on the brake.

It should work.

Its actually pretty funny.

AArrrhh.. i see. Will definitely try it. Thanks.:thumbup:

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
anyone know why my wind shield wipers arent automatic.

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
Awesome post. But many GTI owners have noticed they dont have the Parking lights working from the factory. I tried using a vag com to activate them, and noting.

This feature works on mine. It was not that way from the factory. I coded my instruments to the Euro setting using vag-com (to disable Nav warnings) and this one of its side effects.