GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Make sure to check your oil level frequently!

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
Well, from time to time, we get a thread about how someone's oil is too low, and that they didn't know that they had to check oil or something like that. Low oil can cause engine failure, so it is extremely important that you check it on a regular basis. I decided to post excerpts from the manual for reference.

Attachments

• oil check_Page_1.jpg
    oil check_Page_1.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 34,613
  • oil check_Page_2.jpg
    oil check_Page_2.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 33,352

WakeHead

WakeHead
Car(s)
2008 R32 #0146
This falls under the category of something that everyone knows but many people need to be reminded of repeatedly.

bz_2.0T

Ready to race!
should i put more oil in if its close to the min mark but not under it?
and is it okay to put a different brand of oil in as long as its the same weight?

vince557

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 vw rabbit
i have a hard time reading the dipstick on my car. I don't know if it's me but my mk4's dipstick was easier to read. everytime i pull it out to check the oil is all over the stick and i can't get an accurate reading.

vince557

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 vw rabbit
yes, i know your suppose to wipe it first then when i go get the reading it shows the oil beyond the oil level part and i know my car burns oil but the dipstick says other. all i do is highway driving and the dipstick should show the oil level going down but doesn't seem to be doing that for me

Dan GSR

Autocross Champion
yes, i know your suppose to wipe it first then when i go get the reading it shows the oil beyond the oil level part and i know my car burns oil but the dipstick says other. all i do is highway driving and the dipstick should show the oil level going down but doesn't seem to be doing that for me

you should be happy
don't complain about having a good engine

brian8smith

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 4DR BMP GTI
I checked my oil 1500 miles after my 10K service and it was about half way between min and max. How much oil is that consumed and its that more than what is "normal"?