GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Poor Mans Mod Page

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
I call It...the clapper mod!:laughabove:

Take this baby out of the housing and wire the sensor to your dome light, or any other light you choose, and 2 claps on 2 claps off.:clap:

Attachments

• 417Q7B5C7VL__SL500_AA280_.jpg
    417Q7B5C7VL__SL500_AA280_.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 2,765

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
I call It...the clapper mod!:laughabove:

Take this baby out of the housing and wire the sensor to your dome light, or any other light you choose, and 2 claps on 2 claps off.:clap:
:laughabove: :lol: :bellyroll:
Thats great, I knew I could count on you guys for a laugh.
Props to you LBVdubin.:thumbsup:

I'm down but what do you want to do with the lights? I don't really understand, do you mean changing the color of it or changing where they point, etc. etc.
Well what I would really like to see done (but I didnt want to limit the idea to this) is to have them come on with your Xenon bulbs so you are now running 4 headlights, but get them to angle down a bit so youre not blinding people. Id probably want to run it off a custom switch so you have the option to turn it off. Then you could get the same color of bulb to match the 6k Xenons and have a really clean look while driving at night.
I would love to do this, but I havent checked out the headlights too much so Im not sure if its even possible to angle the inner lights downward.

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
Well what I would really like to see done (but I didnt want to limit the idea to this) is to have them come on with your Xenon bulbs so you are now running 4 headlights, but get them to angle down a bit so youre not blinding people.

That one would pull too much attention, IMO. Other drivers would flash you thinking your high beams were on (despite lack of glare*), and cops would pull you for high beams or for a "too many lights" violation (check your laws, it seems most states limit the quantity of forward-facing lights).

*Rant: People on forums (and sometimes on the road) seem to be far more concerned with the quantity or labeling of lights for judging glare than the actual glare they produce. Just try asking a non-vehicle-specific forum about making fog lights come on as DRLs or with parking/headlights on a vehicle with dim, unfocused, decorative-only fog lights...they'll bitch endlessly that you're going to blind other drivers. Yet, nobody seems to mind vehicles that come from the factory with their high beams as DRLs aimed directly at eye level and not dimmed much...

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
That one would pull too much attention, IMO. Other drivers would flash you thinking your high beams were on (despite lack of glare*), and cops would pull you for high beams or for a "too many lights" violation (check your laws, it seems most states limit the quantity of forward-facing lights).

*Rant: People on forums (and sometimes on the road) seem to be far more concerned with the quantity or labeling of lights for judging glare than the actual glare they produce. Just try asking a non-vehicle-specific forum about making fog lights come on as DRLs or with parking/headlights on a vehicle with dim, unfocused, decorative-only fog lights...they'll bitch endlessly that you're going to blind other drivers. Yet, nobody seems to mind vehicles that come from the factory with their high beams as DRLs aimed directly at eye level and not dimmed much...

I totally understand where youre coming from, and if theres anyone who has been harassed with BS rules and regulations on their car its me. But this is why I want the seperate switch to turn them on with, it wouldnt be something I would run on all the time, maybe just at meet ups or shows or things like that, I just want the option.

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
I totally understand where youre coming from, and if theres anyone who has been harassed with BS rules and regulations on their car its me. But this is why I want the seperate switch to turn them on with, it wouldnt be something I would run on all the time, maybe just at meet ups or shows or things like that, I just want the option.

Theres gotta be a way to vag com them on when you have your low beams or high beams on? If not you could always run a new circuit straight from the light, you'll need a wiring diagram for this, straight to a 12v accessory switch.

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
Theres gotta be a way to vag com them on when you have your low beams or high beams on? If not you could always run a new circuit straight from the light, you'll need a wiring diagram for this, straight to a 12v accessory switch.

If you're going to run a new circuit anyway, there's no need for a wiring diagram. Tap any headlight wire and use it to operate a relay. If you want a switch, a single wire can go from the relay to the switch. Piece of cake.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
If you're going to run a new circuit anyway, there's no need for a wiring diagram. Tap any headlight wire and use it to operate a relay. If you want a switch, a single wire can go from the relay to the switch. Piece of cake.
I, personally, would want it on a seperate switch, but I would want it done right. Should I fuse it with an inline fuse or something too? I dont want ANY ghetto shit on this car, I dealt with enough ghetto wiring on my MK1's!
Ghetto wiring on vw's= FTMFL!!!

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
Yeah, SOP for doing your own wiring for lights is to use a fuse. You may be able to use one of the empty fuse positions in the car's fusebox. While you're mucking around the fusebox, it may be possible to tap the headlight and inner light wires there instead of at the lights. It would be cleaner and less ghetto, and probably more weather-resistant. For that, a wiring diagram may save a few minutes, or a tone generator & probe set:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=94181

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
Yeah, SOP for doing your own wiring for lights is to use a fuse. You may be able to use one of the empty fuse positions in the car's fusebox. While you're mucking around the fusebox, it may be possible to tap the headlight and inner light wires there instead of at the lights. It would be cleaner and less ghetto, and probably more weather-resistant. For that, a wiring diagram may save a few minutes, or a tone generator & probe set:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=94181

When I hardwired my radar detector I tapped it off of this fuse, disreguard the fuses I have them backwards and you should also replace the 5A fuse with whatever load handling you'll need.

Attachments

• 6b2.jpg
    6b2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 2,715

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre

WHTRABT

THUNDER BUNNY
Car(s)
RABBIT
my rabbit will Pee on tailgaters (pee hole)

this is a easy DIY nikytynick shows how to take off and i am saying how to keep the cover so it wont look ugly
YANK

REMOVE

PEE!

heres a good look at the cover, you need to pull it from the hinge on the side to get it to come out

Here is my pee hole on my rabbit i got a torx and a lighter hold the torx over the flame for a few seconds then push through the cover and presto!!!!you can always put the washer back when you car gets dirty but i think sucks to wash your windows with the washer cuz all the water goes down and then gets the car even more dirty so ill leave my washer off lol

here is my video

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
Ha ha, I was just looking at this, I so could have used this last night. So other than the hole in the cover (which, when done right wouldnt look odd) how reversible is this? You dont have to break anything right? It looks like it just pops off.
Putting the pic of the cover is a good idea, got any pics of the inside of the cover, just so we know what we're working with?