GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Elliott

Conversation Between Elliott and Rus.K
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Elliott
    02-01-2013 10:06 AM
    Elliott
    Hey man, sorry I haven't contacted you back. Been so busy going back n forth from the uk and Spain trying to get all my machinery sorted for the new premises I have. So much to do!
    You might have already done what you needed with the gold bolts.. Not sure , as it was a while ago you asked. If not , send me a pic over on here or you could upload it to my Facebook work page(link in sig) and I will try help any way I can.
    Are they plaited or anodised or what? And what is the matter with them. Corrosion or do you just want them more shiny/bling. Any way send me a pic over so I can see what you are trying to achieve and I will try help in any way I can. Do be careful though as you said an abrasive metal polish is probably not a good idea. Try on the threaded side first before striping the part of that matters if it does go wrong.
    Once more I appoligies it took so long to get back in contact with you but I hope you understand.
  2. Rus.K
    01-15-2013 07:46 PM
    Rus.K
    Hey Elliott,

Im about to get into refinishing the WORK VS-xx wheels and had a few questions that google couldnt really answer. So I thought, well Ive seen Elliott refinish wheels why not ask him.

The only thing that Im not really seasoned in is refinishing the actual bolts. I have Gold Work bolts and a few of them seemed to be tarnished (faded) and they all have a bit of rod grime stuck to them. I was wondering if you have any ideas on how to fix this.

Also I have read that using regular metal polish will actually remove the gold color so again Im stuck on what to use to actually clean them.

Thanks for your time!

-Russ

PS. Your Inbox is full