GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

are these any good?

NahbutsGTI

EUROTHRASH
Car(s)
MkV GTI 6spd
PRO CUP KIT - FEATURING KONI FSD SHOCK ABSORBERS

For the ultimate in handling without sacrificing ride quality, NEUSPEED's new Pro Cup Kit featuring Koni FSD is the ultimate spring and shock combination.

NEUSPEED Sport Springs are legendary for their progressive rate wind which provides outstanding handling characteristic, while preserving ride quality. Used in conjunction with Koni FSD further improves ride and handling tremendously.

Kit includes:

1 x 55.10.91 NEUSPEED Sport Spring Kit
1 x 2100.4016 Koni FSD Shocks and Struts
MK5Suspension_Pic04.jpg
Rennenhaus has them on special this month only $1199
ARE THEY WORTH IT?
or should i just keep my original shock and swap out to some lower springs?

Thoughts? (I dont know much about suspension)

rossgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I'm on lowered springs with stock shocks and my damn eyeballs are about to pop out of my head. I've been looking to get some Koni FSDs to improve ride quality..

Androo

lolwut... ??
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but that sale "for this month only" has been on that site "for this month only" for like 13 months nearly.

Epic month.

Last Updated: 1st July 2008

isaw

Banned
I've got the FSD's and honestly am not that much of a fan.. they are ok, but non progressive springs and koni yellow shocks would be better IMO.

NahbutsGTI

EUROTHRASH
Car(s)
MkV GTI 6spd
Epic month.

lol... yeah i reckon:thumbsup:

So you guys would think it's better to go with non progressive springs and some quality shocks?

and why does everyone seem to hate progresive springs? they get stiffer the harder they are pushed, right? I would have thought thats a good thing?

...and again, please forgive my ignorance...

isaw

Banned
nah PM me and we'll go for a drive tonight. I'll show you what I mean.

as for the turn in, you find yourself turning in harder so the springs compress, then releasing a little bit, if you dont you get understeer as they take a second to realise you want to go round somewhere. like all things you get used to it but stock suspension is much better balance wise. Unless I have something majorly wrong in my setup (sways?)