GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy - Ziza High Intenity LED City Light Conversion

Icarus

I'm thinking about buying some Ziza LED City Lights from ecstuning. The lights cost $49.95US but shipping is an additional $64US. Is anyone interested in a group buy for these lights to save on the cost of shipping?

Hong Chau

Banned
link?
what do they look like?

sikx5

Ready to race!
A few people have issues with the Ziza LED coming apart from the housing and ending up inside the headlight fixture. To remove it, you'll have to take apart the front bar and remove the headlight completely and try shake it out. Massive pain in the ass.

Very expensive considering what it is..

I have a bought a set of these: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2pcs-T10-168...ash=item2ea701f553&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

A few users on VW watercooled have them installed with great results. Only $34AU delivered...

Panman

Frequent Modder
I got the Zizas some time ago, and took the time to put a dab of silicone sealant between the bulb and the socket (to prevent the exact problem described above).

The joy of the Ziza kit is no "Bulb out" warnings and it is really plug and play.

Yes, they are expensive, but I think they (were) worth it when I bought them (90 odd cents against the dollar, and no ready made alternatives - I was also getting something else shipped which helped).

Oh, and they do look the nuts with Xenons - perfect match colourwise.

funky_chilli

Go Kart Champion
why don't u just get the blesk ones off ebay?
i got some - they're only abt US$14 a pop and no bulb out warning. look good too! i'll upload some photos later when i'm sober :)
look up akinaboy on ebay. and his $25 shipping is negotiable - especially if u buy a few sets....

Icarus

Regarding the LED's from eBay, is the following picture a fair representation of what they look like, e.g. the colour and brightness?

funky_chilli

Go Kart Champion
here's a pic - sorry for bad quality - it's from an iphone:
oh and my lights are in a different location to those shown in ur pic....

btw the fogs are philips 5000k bulbs - not hid - think they're called diamondvision or something

Icarus

Funky, I like the look and colour of your lights. To save money I will get the LED bulbs from eBay.

Just to confirm the city lights are 194 wedge type bulbs?

funky_chilli

Go Kart Champion
i should mention that in real life they're not quite as blue - a little more white - it's just that the camera picks up the colour as blue

anyway here's some links to the actual lights and ebay seller:

here is PURE WHITE (what i got)

and

here is COOL WHITE (which i assume is a little more blue)

FYI i also got my licence plate LED's from this guy:

here's a pic:

compared to stock

and here's a link

remember to negotiate shipping costs - his $25 shipping per item is for express, registered, insured blah blah, ask him for a price for normal shipping, might take a few more days but it's a lot cheaper

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
They look good funky!

How do the diamond visions go as a xenon match?

funky_chilli

Go Kart Champion
tbh they're a bit too blue - coz our oem xenons are yellowy white instead of bluey white. that's coz the diamond vision are ~5000k and the oem xenons are only ~4300k.

that's why if i can find some xenon bulbs that are 5000k that don't cost too much then i'd probably change them too....

for those who don't know what i'm talking abt, the k is the temperature of the bulbs (kelvin) and the higher it is, the more blue/purple so 5000k is white with a tinge of blue, 6000k is blue white and 8000k is blue, 12000+ etc is purple while 4000 is yellowy white and 3000k is pretty much yellow. beware that generally the higher the kelvin, the less the light output.

that's why oem is usually ~4300k as that has been found to be best light output. however i like my lights to be more white than yellow. so that's why i'm changing bulbs around as the stock ones are all a bit yellow for my liking

edit: here's a pic that might show more accurately what each of these lights look like:

notice how the fogs are a little bit more blue than the xenons...and the LED's are an all right match with the xenons - but if u look close they have a slight blue tinge to them so they're a little off.

for those who want bluer LED's - maybe get the COOL WHITE

and btw, it's said that yellower fogs light fog up better than white lights as ur effectively shining white lights onto white fog which is not v.effective. i just changed the lights coz i think it matches the xenons better and i don't like yellow-ish lights. and there's hardly any fog in melbourne anyway unless ur out really late at night or really early in the morning in winter.

Last edited:

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
Cool, they look pretty good and the LEDs are a damn good match.

Have changed the inner FTP globes?

Might have to get a set this weekend.